new project "Bruce Lee" featuring Tony Leung Ka Fai?..

ben

i was having a look through IMDB and found a new project in production this year called "Bruce Lee" with Tony Leung Ka Fai attached to it?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1482989/

The production company is "J.A Media", from China.

"...However the family, led by Bruce's younger brother Robert, has shown it too cares about Lee's legacy. One project the family has approved is a trilogy of movies on Lee's life by China's J.A. Media Group, with the first installment due around the time Lee would have turned 70 on November 27, 2010."

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/entertainment/2010-04/06/content_9689125.htm

EDIT: I found another article which identifies Tony Leung's role in the film as playing Bruce Lee's father

"... Tony Leung Ka Fai ... is confirmed to star as Lee's father. No other production details have come to light as yet, but Variety suggest that Zhang Yimou might be a likely director, given his interest in such a project in the past..."

http://www.empireonline.com/news/feed.asp?NID=25376

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, unlike Linda and Shannon Lee with their TV series project, this new film will be part of a trilogy that will be supported by Robert and Phoebe Lee, Bruce's brother and sister.

I don't know if any of you Guys remember the article a few years back, that there was going to be a new Bruce Lee movie using him in CGI. I was looking forward to it they seemed to have had an idea of the script but it never materialized. The Family was on board for the project and everything according to the article. I was trying to find that article but I cannot remember where I read it.

I remember that story also. IIRC the company behind the movie was supposed to be coming up with some sort of new motion-capture technology that would also be used for a Bruce Lee game. Besides a few test shots, nothing ever came from the project. I'd assume the financing fell through.

I know some korean actor who was working with that project. it seemed to be impossible at the time CGI wise and financially . And thank god it failed because what i saw of the material, it it was terrible.

No not really because they used CGI to finish the film Gladiator with Russel Crowe his co-Star Oliver Reed had died before the film was completed and they used CGI to put his voice and image onto another actor to finish the film. And the Bruce Lee movie was coming out way after Gladiator. So I think it would've been a good movie. I still hope to see it done in the future, even though it will most likely never happen.

I don't know if any of you Guys remember the article a few years back, that there was going to be a new Bruce Lee movie using him in CGI. I was looking forward to it they seemed to have had an idea of the script but it never materialized. The Family was on board for the project and everything according to the article. I was trying to find that article but I cannot remember where I read it.

The first video shows clips from a CGI project by a know artist, the rest of this vid is excerpted from the proposed Dragon Warrior: Bruce Lee CGI film project that was abandoned due to lack of funding. It was quite an ambitious project, though most difficult...

YYS6dSC74bo&feature=related

This second vid shows an advanced CGI MODEL, however, if you take the face and body, using the same techniques that were applied in Avatar, you might have something! :

-EzuWTX8ZZE

eh, they are better off just releasing the "rare" footages of Bruce Lee "him fighting, Game of Death, class demos, etc" than spending tons of money on animation.

Mike Kelly does the best Bruce animation

eFuy1_G_Vsw

That was more like the real Bruce than any clone I've ever seen... and it's friggin' line drawings!

Thanks Shapes!

The Dragon: Thanks that was the title I was looking for "Dragon Warrior" I still think with all the advances in CGI they could make an excellent Bruce Lee movie!

Here is the link I was looking for:

Dragon Warrior is a computer technology film on Bruce Lee

, the martial arts legend. Bruce Lee

is to be "resurrected" by computer technology to star in Dragon Warrior, the first time a dead actor will be re-created in a major movie role, according to U.S. trade magazine Variety.

The $50m film is being financed by South Korean film company ShinCine Communications, which acquired the rights to Lee's likeness from his estate. The film company, headed by Chul Shin, is said to have been working on the project for the past four years. And apparently Lee's widow, Linda Lee Caldwell, and his daughter, Shannon Lee

, have agreed to the movie.

Supposedly The Estate has the footage of this project, which has been abandoned due to lack of funds... Apparently it just became too expensive and was going to require far more than the budgeted $50 MIL. I've heard it said the results of what was left behind were by far greater than what was released in those clips, because the clips were designed to get the green light, and the actual work was like-let's say The Incredible Hulk.

Manfred Wong, who is producing the film, has announced that Best New Actor winner Aarif Lee (ECHOES OF THE RAINBOW) is playing Bruce Lee in the film and has gotten the approval of Lee's family.

Story (in Chinese), but got the rough translation from Hong Kong Movie Database:

http://ent.hunantv.com/d/x/20100505/639427.html

Aarif Lee has begun training and getting in shape for his role in the Bruce Lee biopic. His trainer is a familiar face to many: former kickboxing champ turned veteran bad guy actor Billy Chau. Lee is training in wing chun and dancing as well...remember Bruce was a cha cha champ in HK. :) Here's a pic of Lee in training:

aarif+li+chiting+buffing+it+up.jpg

Cool.

I hope this movie centers on late 60's/early 70's to this death.

More importantly, I hope there's no fantasy aspect (like every "bio" movie ever made about him). I understand they do have to put "action" in there, but Bruce Lee's real life was interesting and action packed enough...

Looking forward to this.

Guest ekisha
Aarif Lee has begun training and getting in shape for his role in the Bruce Lee biopic. His trainer is a familiar face to many: former kickboxing champ turned veteran bad guy actor Billy Chau. Lee is training in wing chun and dancing as well...remember Bruce was a cha cha champ in HK. :) Here's a pic of Lee in training:

aarif+li+chiting+buffing+it+up.jpg

I don't think he can convince us...:tongue:

Bring back a CGI Bruce Lee and make a new movie! I don't need to see another life story on Bruce Lee!

Manfred Wong, who is producing the film, has announced that Best New Actor winner Aarif Lee (ECHOES OF THE RAINBOW) is playing Bruce Lee in the film and has gotten the approval of Lee's family.

"...gotten the approval of lee's family"

Oh, great. Now it's gonna suck.

Let's bring Mark Dicascos back, he can play another Thai kickboxer avenging whatever on the set of Big Boss. While you're at it, bust out Gary Daniels. He can play the milkman with explosive milk bottles.

Yi long is right... I am cynical. lol

In all seriousness, I hope they'll get it right; at least as right as Dustin Hoffman as Lenny Bruce in LENNY.

AarifLee.jpg

By the way, not a bad choice. Kinda has that right chiseled face. Too bad his last name is actually "Lee." Now everyone is going to say "duhhhhhhhhhhh.... it's bruce lee son? But, didn't he die?"...

"...gotten the approval of lee's family"

Oh, great. Now it's gonna suck.

When they mean Lee's family this time, they don't mean Linda and Shannon. They actually mean Bruce's sister Phoebe and brother Robert. The film is based off of the novel "My Brother Bruce Lee".

Update:

The film, which is now given the title, BRUCE LEE: MY BROTHER, begins principal photography next week.

Companies: Media Asia, J.A. Media, J-Star Group, Beijing Antaeus, Beijing Meng Ze Culture and Media

Director: Raymond Yip Man-Wai

Producer: Manfred Wong

Cast:

Aarif Lee ... Bruce Lee

Tony Leung Kar-Fai ... Lee Hoi-Chuen

Karen Mok ... Grace Ho

Jennifer Tse (Nicholas Tse's sister and Andy On's girlfriend) ... Bruce's girlfriend

Angela Gong Mi

M.C. Jin

Hanjin

Charles Ying

Release Date: November 27, 2010 (which would have been Lee's 70th birthday)

Wilfred Lau

mshengxiaolong
:tongue:
They never stop beating that dead horse, do they?!
We get it you are not a Bruce Lee Fan.

Archived