Have you watched ALL 10 of these classic movies?

falkor

Have you watched ALL 10 of these movies?  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Have you watched ALL 10 of these movies?

daisho2004

To be honest I probably seen most of these movies but some of the titles don't ring a bell, and I'm a die hard SB fan.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Omni Dragon
To be honest I probably seen most of these movies but some of the titles don't ring a bell, and I'm a die hard SB fan.

Which one's dont ring a bell?

hutchy1111

Snake in the Eagles Shadow is one of my all time favourite Martial Art movies.

Jackie Chan was awesome in this film.

Click on the link below for the opening scene.

I just love the music!! :bigsmile:

The Monkeys Claw

Have you watched ALL 10 of these classic movies? Yes or no?

1) Born Invincible NO

3) Enter The Dragon YES

4) 7 Grandmasters NO

5) Invincible Armour NO

6) Snake In The Eagle's Shadow NO

7) Way Of The Dragon YES

8) The Last Fist Of Fury / Real Bruce Lee NO

9) The Secret Rivals NO

10) Shaolin Vs. Lama NO

Where's Karate Kid?

Born Invincible - Yes thought the very first fight scene was the best

Super Ninjas - Yes

Enter The Dragon - Standard

7 Grandmasters - Yes

Invincible Armour - Yes, Absolutely solid film

Snake In The Eagle's Shadow - Yes, Classic

Way Of The Dragon - Yes in my opinion Bruce never looked better here.

The Last Fist Of Fury / Real Bruce Lee - Nope

The Secret Rivals - Yes personal favourite

Shaolin Vs. Lama - Yes nuff siad

Secret Executioner
1) Born Invincible

Often read of it here, but never seen it.

2) Super Ninjas

Is this an Alexander Lo film ? :tongue2: I don't think I have seen this though.

3) Enter The Dragon

Yup, one of the first MA movies I saw - not sure if I saw this or WOTD first.

4) 7 Grandmasters

Nope.

5) Invincible Armour

See Born Invincible.

6) Snake In The Eagle's Shadow

See Born Invincible.

7) Way Of The Dragon

Yup, one of the first MA movies I saw - not sure if I saw this or ETD first.

8) The Last Fist Of Fury / Real Bruce Lee

I think I saw it, but there's so much confusion on Bruceploitation titles that I may question it (if we're dealing with a documentary/Bruce Li/Dragon Lee thing, I saw it alright)

9) The Secret Rivals

10) Shaolin Vs. Lama

Nope and nope.

Huh... Seems like I have seen next to none of those, so what the hell am I doing here ?! :neutral:

1) Born Invincible - No.

2) Super Ninjas - No, but I've seen the last fight on Youtube.

3) Enter The Dragon - Yes. Owned it on VHS at one point.

4) 7 Grandmasters - Yes.

5) Invincible Armour - One of my favorites.

6) Snake In The Eagle's Shadow - Yes.

7) Way Of The Dragon - Yes.

8) The Last Fist Of Fury / Real Bruce Lee - No.

9) The Secret Rivals - Yes.

10) Shaolin Vs. Lama - Yes. I thought it was overrated. I prefer Shaolin Temple Against Lama.

I have seen all except for The Real Bruce Lee, and, dare I say it Snake in the Eagles Shadow.

Favorite out of these is probably Shaolin vs Llama, and 2nd is a tie between 7 Grandmasters and Invincible Armour.

Super Ninjas was very underwhelming to me after seeing so much hype about it, and Born Invincible is my least favorite of the bunch.

The rest are movies that are decent to good but not favorites of mine.

The only film on the list that's new to me is Super Ninjas. I might know this title under another name?. I picked up Shaolin VS Lama years ago on the VideoGems label in the U.K. I really enjoyed the film and it was a great introduction to Alexander Lou. I didn't know the movie had such a huge following until discovering this forum.

Seen all except:

Super Ninjas

Snake in the Eagles Shadow

Real Bruce Lee

Born Invincible

I have Born Invincible coming in the mail tho

"8) The Last Fist Of Fury / Real Bruce Lee"

Never heard of this, rest I have seen. Not all of them are classics (for me) though...

1) Born Invincible No

2) Super Ninjas No

3) Enter The Dragon Yes

4) 7 Grandmasters No

5) Invincible Armour No

6) Snake In The Eagle's Shadow Yes

7) Way Of The Dragon Yes

8) The Last Fist Of Fury / Real Bruce Lee Yes

9) The Secret Rivals Yes

10) Shaolin Vs. Lama No

I may as well join in. Never been a fan of Jet Li or Shaw Bros.

I'm just a Bruce Lee super freak who happens to like Jackie, Sammo, Biao and Donnie. Really like Whang Jan Li also.

Spend too much time watching boxing to give HK action movies the attention they deserve.

Sue me!

• Administrator
The only film on the list that's new to me is Super Ninjas. I might know this title under another name?.

I'm fairly certain they mean the Shaw Brothers film FIVE ELEMENT NINJAS (1982, aka. Chinese Super Ninjas; Super Ninjas).

Killer Meteor
Last Fist of Fury looks like bottom of the barrel Brucesploitation, so weird choice.

It's only there because Falkor was selling it.

I'm fairly certain they mean the Shaw Brothers film FIVE ELEMENT NINJAS (1982, aka. Chinese Super Ninjas; Super Ninjas).

Thankyou Bob:smile:, that's one film Ive yet to see.

• Administrator
Thankyou Bob:smile:, that's one film Ive yet to see.

To put it lightly, it's an unforgettable film. :nerd:

When I first got into kung fu/martial arts and started talking about them, my friend Roger (who wasn't a genre fan) said "You've got to see CHINESE SUPER NINJAS!" and raved about it. To me, based on the title, it sounded like a silly US production and I didn't bother looking for it. I'd always enjoyed those type of films, but at that point I was looking for something "better" and thought I had been there and seen that already. I had no idea it was a Shaw Brothers film at the time, as I barely knew who Shaw Brothers was! He kept asking me if I'd found it/seen it yet, and eventually grew tired of my neglecting the film. He went out searching, found a VHS of it and lent it to me. As I watched all I could think was "Oh! :smile:" LOL Then he had to wrestle the copy from my grasp to get it back. :tongue:

FIVE ELEMENT NINJAS (1982, aka. Chinese Super Ninjas; Super Ninjas)

it's an unforgettable film.

my friend... (who wasn't a genre fan) said...

Used to love pairing "the latest badass MA flick" with The 5EN when i`d invite (NON-fanboy of the genre) friends over for a nite of asian asskickin on the big home screen.

Be it Chocolate, HoFD, Shadowless Sword, SPL or whatever, 5EN would go well with any new modern style cinema banger to lure em in.... then strike em hard with the coolest Old Skoolies. As I said, 5EN was probably THE favourite companion flick.

Once all the big time drama and betrayal stuff has been set up and the non-stop ninja assault action really kicks in, all they`d say is, to sum it up in a word, "MAYHEM!" (often with a big grin on their faces) :wink:

Non KF people or should i say non "old movie" guys seem to really respond to the creative, cartoonish and wickedly over the top set up and choreos.

I'm going to keep my eyes open for Chinese Super Ninja after reading KungFuBob's & Jmungus comments.

• Administrator
Used to love pairing "the latest badass MA flick" with The 5EN when i`d invite (NON-fanboy of the genre) friends over for a nite of asian asskickin on the big home screen.

Be it Chocolate, HoFD, Shadowless Sword, SPL or whatever, 5EN would go well with any new modern style cinema banger to lure em in.... then strike em hard with the coolest Old Skoolies. As I said, 5EN was probably THE favourite companion flick.

Once all the big time drama and betrayal stuff has been set up and the non-stop ninja assault action really kicks in, all they`d say is, to sum it up in a word, "MAYHEM!" (often with a big grin on their faces) :wink:

Non KF people or should i say non "old movie" guys seem to really respond to the creative, cartoonish and wickedly over the top set up and choreos.

That's great man! :bigsmile: I rarely have "movie days with friends" like that (so busy with other stuff) but I did show FEN as one of the two films on one of the occasions when I have. Everyone loved it. :nerd:

I'm going to keep my eyes open for Chinese Super Ninja after reading KungFuBob's & Jmungus comments.

Can't wait to hear your thoughts on it. :smile:

Ill let you know my thoughts on it.

My list of films to buy never gets any shorter:smile: Chinese Super Ninja's now added.

Ill let you know my thoughts on it.

Go for it !

I rarely have "movie days with friends" like that

Well, those were the days. Good times. In this decade- me neither anymore. Maybe 2 or 3 showings/year these days. Max. Everyone`s got other priorities, me included.

Back then I`d be way more passionate about the genre as a hobby & would "make it my mission" to try school the homies, but face it, KF-geeks are a rare breed; always have, always will be.

Its up to u 20-something dudes here at the board now to try convert your friends and get em hooked, he he :wink:

Archived