Have you watched ALL 10 of these classic movies?

falkor

Have you watched ALL 10 of these movies?  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Have you watched ALL 10 of these movies?

Fang Shih-yu
Falkor...It's odd, but I hardly ever see you talk about Shaw Brothers films. Did you get traumatized by a Shaw film, so you avoid talking about them?

SOCIAL WORKER: "Mr. falkor, show us on the doll where the Shaw film touched you!":tongue:

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Fang Shih-yu
...I'm done with this forum. Good-bye!

Somebody tell Squidward he forgot his clarinet...AND his "shapes"....

1) Born Invincible - No

2) Super Ninjas - Yes

3) Enter The Dragon - Yes

4) 7 Grandmasters - No (but I have it... I know, but it's not the only movie I have that I haven't watched yet :tongue:)

5) Invincible Armour - Yes ("Day of Anger" theme for the win!)

6) Snake In The Eagle's Shadow - Yes

7) Way Of The Dragon - Yes

8) The Last Fist Of Fury / Real Bruce Lee - Yes (Haven't seen the "Last Fist of Fury" version though)

9) The Secret Rivals - No

10) Shaolin Vs. Lama

I think falkor is "taking the piss" as the english say...

A.K.A 'leave of absent " ? Or ?

( I must brush up on my English (" shapes" :wink: !) language to stay on top of this forum I think...)

Athena :kiss:

Elton Chong is the best. :tongue:

P.S. to the OP I saw all of those i do believe and own all of them as well i do believe(too many vhs tapes to count). I like the genre period, so all films of the genre in otherwords.

ThunderScore

There are a couple of IFD Ninja titles with Pierre Kirby that used footage from Elton Chong movies... NINJA OF THE MAGNIFICENCE and ZOMBIE VS NINJA aka ZODIAC AMERICA - THE SUPER MASTER and ZOMBIE RIVALS...

...I like the Elton Chong titles with Eagle Han as the baddie...

kungfusamurai

Elton Chong isn't easy on the eyes, but he's got some nice Hapkido moves in those Korean flicks he did. My favorite is Deadly Shaolin Longfist (for the fights - I never bother trying to follow the stories)

TF3TL_ZRbF8

KFS

To me he is like Bruce Lee in some ways. Main reason is his character. They can try to copy these 2, but i doubt it will ever happen. Mainly because of character as i said. That is mainly what made them looked upon the way they were in my opinion.:tongue: The fighting and Philosophies is an added bonus.

kungfusamurai

I told you guys falkor would be back. He didn't even last a half day away from this place. He's our b..... :)

KFS

BATTLE AXE 45

I've seen them all plus a couple of thousand others but why is the real bruce lee up there as a classic?You could have put something like 7 blows of the dragon to test a kung fu movie buff,really.

Guest Markgway
You can open up your own Dojo now.

I'm taking students as I type. Tuition is £6,000 per semester. I'll be taking every class personally. Introductory class will consist of a screening of Shaolin Bollocks. As a lesson I think that speaks for itself...

masterofoneinchpunch

Quick question:

What are the best DVD releases for Born Invincible, and Invincible Armour? I've avoided these so far because of the poor copies I have seen for sale.

Quick question:

What are the best DVD releases for Born Invincible, and Invincible Armour? I've avoided these so far because of the poor copies I have seen for sale.

If you're looking for dubs you can get the Martial Arts Essentials: Yuen Woo Ping set, BI is full screen but still decent quality; IA is letterboxed also decent quality. I think they are on the same disc so you could just get it through netflix if you want to see them both.

If you're looking for dubs you can get the Martial Arts Essentials: Yuen Woo Ping set, BI is full screen but still decent quality; IA is letterboxed also decent quality. I think they are on the same disc so you could just get it through netflix if you want to see them both.

Are all the Martial Arts Essentials sets dub only?

Chia Ling AKA Judy Lee
To me he is like Bruce Lee in some ways. Main reason is his character. They can try to copy these 2, but i doubt it will ever happen. Mainly because of character as i said. That is mainly what made them looked upon the way they were in my opinion.:tongue: The fighting and Philosophies is an added bonus.

Slinky - nice to meet another Elton Chong fan... just to say Godfrey Ho had nothing to do with making these films! He distributed them outside South Korea and gave himself the directorial credit! The original directors (Kim Jung-Yong, Kim Si-Hyeon etc) are geniuses!

:angel:

masterofoneinchpunch

Thanks for the reply. I was hoping there was a non-Videoasia release of these :). I've been trying to avoid the "boots" as much as possible, but it is seems near impossible for many titles.

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

Interesting I also enjoyed most of Elton Chong's movies.

But always thought Godfrey Ho was the genius behind these films.

Does this mean all the films directed by Mr. Ho are not necessarily his?

Obviously, but is this a big trend in movies with his name on them?

GD Y-Y

Are all the Martial Arts Essentials sets dub only?

The two that I have are all dubbed, check the reviews on Amazon for specifics, they usually have a quick run down on what's dubbed and if its cropped or letterboxed.

As far as avoiding VA I can understand that's why I mentioned Netflix, you could just rent it and burn a copy.

Chia Ling AKA Judy Lee-

just to say Godfrey Ho had nothing to do with making these films

Yeah i was referring to his cut and pasting.:tongue: Mainly from ThunderScores post about the ninja movies.

From what i know it allowed him to have 4 or 5 movies for the price of one.

P.S. Nice to meet you too.

Killer Meteor

Last Fist Of Fury is only on the list so Falkor can sell it...I assume. I mean, I enjoyed it, but its not even a Z classic.

prinnysquad

I watched Evil Destroyer recently, aka Zodiac America 2. The original film (without the western-actor sections) seems decent - does anyone know what it's called?

Archived