14 AMAZONS on Blu Ray in Poland of all countries!

spannick

...and it beats the lousy US Companies Shit Releases into the Ground - of course.

naturally it does not have English Options, but at least we know that SOMEONE is able to do something right! Specs are Full HD 1080p and with the Original Film Speed. and yes, it's the Celestial Remastered Print, nothing more, meaning some footage is missing as on the DVD.

Grain Filters have been applied carefully and it still has a nice film-like Look to it unlike the Well Go Dreck.

Audio is Mandarin DTS HD Master 5.1 (and :kiss: it's just the original Mono on all Channels) plus DD 2.0 Mono Mandarin. No Bonus at all.

they also released 7 MAN ARMY (!) with the same Technical Specs!

both Discs were released in December 2009, no other titles have been released thus far.

76035b78159513.gif5ab3fb78159517.gif8c94ed78159522.gif60ddf478159528.gif97eea478159533.gif560d5578159538.gifdef91578160073.gif3f0a9b78160076.gif

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

*facepalm* The European releases of the Shaws have been pretty much always been the best, with the DVDs always being progressive (due to remaining PAL) and now the blu-rays have been a hit so far (let's not forget the 36th Chamber boxset in France).

Hell, if Funimation decides to dabble in blu-rays, perhaps they can just yank this HD transfer of 14 Amazons directly.

*sigh* Why can't more of the US blu-ray releases be proper?! Seriously, how many good Shaw Brothers blu-rays have been released in the US? ONE! Opium and the Kung Fu Master! And it didn't even get a decent release outside of online stores!!! The US 36th Chamber blu-ray sucked, seems like the Well Go blu-rays suck (again, 1080i? WTF?!), who will save us?! :sad:

THIS is how it should be done! Such a shame there's no English options and we're stuck with that pile of shit Funimation put out. I would have gladly volunteered to remaster English subtitles if they had the rights.

THIS is how it should be done! Such a shame there's no English options and we're stuck with that pile of shit Funimation put out. I would have gladly volunteered to remaster English subtitles if they had the rights.

Funi subs are apparently on bad on the first two releases. They're fine on Hong Kong Godfather.

Funi subs are apparently on bad on the first two releases. They're fine on Hong Kong Godfather.

It's also the bad conversion, hideous artwork and lack of replies I'm complaining about.

Region B or all?

no idea, they're not registered with anydvd and i only have Region B Players / Drives.

Total size: 11268960 sectors (22009 MBytes)

Video Blu-ray label: 7-MAN ARMY

Media is AACS protected!

AACS MKB version 16

Removed AACS copy protection!

Note: automatic detection of region code not possible with this disc.

Blu-ray disc Region set to B!

Possible Blu-ray Java region lock removed!

Blu-ray Java signatures fixed!

BD-Live deactivated!

Removed UOPs!

Blu-ray standard region lock adjusted to Region B!

no idea, they're not registered with anydvd and i only have Region B Players / Drives.

Total size: 11268960 sectors (22009 MBytes)

Video Blu-ray label: 7-MAN ARMY

Media is AACS protected!

AACS MKB version 16

Removed AACS copy protection!

Note: automatic detection of region code not possible with this disc.

Blu-ray disc Region set to B!

Possible Blu-ray Java region lock removed!

Blu-ray Java signatures fixed!

BD-Live deactivated!

Removed UOPs!

Blu-ray standard region lock adjusted to Region B!

Darn, I actually have a way to get stuff from Poland surprisingly enough, but I don't want to wind up get a Region locked disc. Did it have any icon on the back cover?

It's blu-rays like this that make me want to get a blu-ray drive for my PC! Need to figure out how to make custom blu-rays :tongue:

Its worth keeping a watch on European Blu ray releases although most dont have English subs and the quality can sometimes be dodgy.

For instance in Germany they have released A Chinese Ghost Story Trilogy, Once Upon A Time In China And America and an edited version of the awful tv series Legend Of Bruce Lee.

Shaw Brothers Official All Region DVDs Here

I would avoid the Jet Li 'classics' ('FOL', 'OUATICAA') on German Blu-Rays as they're upconverts. The DVDs are actually better quality.

How did you know about these Polish releases Spannick:bigsmile:?

A friend here pushed me to it (hey look what i found by accident). Then i send someone over the Border to buy them in a store (got them ordered there, as they of course were not in stock) :)

Anyone have any trusted websites to purchase these from?

My future sister-in-law might (she's from Poland and still has her family there). Actually I'll have to go there for the wedding next year, so worse to worse I'll just get them then (and I suspect I'll be indulged with pickup requests lol)

I would try asking around on http://www.avmaniacs.com/forums . There are a lot of European fans on the site and they've always been great with figuring out how to order from all over Europe (like say Bruno Mattei's last movies from a Czech website), even if they're not from the same country, you're ordering it from.

Oily Maniac

Finally got ahold of those two bad boys. They look great, although they don't have any grain. They would be almost perfect with english subs but at least they didn't use the upmixes.

I can confirm that both of the are locked to Region B.

Archived