8 DIAGRAM POLE FIGHTER--Dragon Dynasty

bobo

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Return to the 36th Chamber and 8 Diagram Pole Fighter hopefully come on Blu Ray also.

I was happy with my 36 chambers Blu Ray.:tongue:

Shaolin Patriot
Bare bone releases unfortunately, but coming with a bit more frequency.

Does anyone have a firm release schedule from DD (following 8 Diagram)?

I also hope for Crippled Avengers, especially since it was included in the original DD promo trailer. It would be logical to follow Five Venoms.

Sorry no firm release schedule for DD. Bey Logan always used to say they help off announcing what title was next until they were ready to keep the bootleggers off their trail so to speak. That being wrote...the bootleggers are always going to be around. I'm just hoping we get the 50 SHAWS they have in their vaults!! :tongue:

Guest TRICK-KICK

:xd:great film, one of my child hood favourites:xd: what part of this film sticks with u most.? an why?

OldPangYau
I'm just hoping we get the 50 SHAWS they have in their vaults!! :tongue:

Well, how many have "sprung" (or will soon get out) from the vaults?

1. 36th Chamber of Shaolin

2. King Boxer

3. One Armed Swordsman

4. My Young Auntie

5. Come Drink With Me

6. Heroes of the East

7. Five Deadly Venoms

8. Return to the 36th Chamber

9. Return of the One Armed Sworsman

10. 8 Diagram Pole Fighter

Well, after 8DPF, we'll be one fifth of the way there :tongue: But even at one movie per month (if we'd be so lucky), it would still take between 3-4 years before they're all out.

Well, how many have "sprung" (or will soon get out) from the vaults?

1. 36th Chamber of Shaolin

2. King Boxer

3. One Armed Swordsman

4. My Young Auntie

5. Come Drink With Me

6. Heroes of the East

7. Five Deadly Venoms

8. Return to the 36th Chamber

9. Return of the One Armed Sworsman

10. 8 Diagram Pole Fighter

Well, after 8DPF, we'll be one fifth of the way there :tongue: But even at one movie per month (if we'd be so lucky), it would still take between 3-4 years before they're all out.

Yeah good point! I've always been accused of being a positive thinker so here's hoping we have even more SHAW BROS goodness before the end of the year!!

Can't wait for this, shame they couldn't give the movie the respect it deserves with some extras, I'll just be glad it's getting released and maybe some younger people will get to see it for the first time, best KF movie of all time imo!

OldPangYau
Yeah good point! I've always been accused of being a positive thinker so here's hoping we have even more SHAW BROS goodness before the end of the year!!

Well, at three already at roughly the half year mark, it'd be nice to see even more come out. If anything, they may be focusing on the Shaws since they seem to be easier/quicker to work on. The only new non-Shaw DVD release from Dragon Dynasty this year so far has been The Killer. I'm not complaining :tongue:

Well, at three already at roughly the half year mark, it'd be nice to see even more come out. If anything, they may be focusing on the Shaws since they seem to be easier/quicker to work on. The only new non-Shaw DVD release from Dragon Dynasty this year so far has been The Killer. I'm not complaining :tongue:

Neither am I!!! :wink:

OldPangYau

Well, unfortunately, it looks like 8DPF has been pushed back to September 7th. However, as I just mentioned in a new thread, their release of Crippled Avengers will be released one month prior on August 17th... the day after my birthday :tongue:

i've learned that as far as shaw bros releases are concerned it better to wait and see---as most of them face delays.

massa_yoda

I have recently discovered a lot of these great films thanks to Dragon Dynasty. It took me a while to get here, but now i'm really in a Shaw Brothers phase. Just saw 5 Deadly Venoms & Return to the 36th Chamber for the first time. Now i'm stoked for 8 Diagram Pole Fighter. You can hate DD if you want, and i don't think anyone here is, but they provide easy access to some classics. Keep em coming!

The Silver Fox

Yes I agree. Dragon Dynasty has done a good job on the Shaw Bros releases. I don't have Blu Ray so I can't comment on those but the the standard DVD's have been good. They are starting to dig into their Shaw catalogue, and with 8DPF and Return of the One Armed Swordsman coming, I'm pretty stoked.

kungfusamurai

They should just put these out on Blu Ray. I probably won't be double dipping on these. After watching the corrected Delightful Forest BR, that's what I'm sticking to for the Shaw releases.

KFS

OpiumKungFuCracker
They should just put these out on Blu Ray. I probably won't be double dipping on these. After watching the corrected Delightful Forest BR, that's what I'm sticking to for the Shaw releases.

KFS

Yeah the bluray transfer of delightful forest is stunningly gorgeous....

OldPangYau

KFS

Eh... after their "maiden" Shaw Brothers blu-ray of 36th Chamber of Shaolin, I don't think that's a great idea... 1080i, PAL-to-NTSC transfer that looked no better than upconverting the Dragon Dynasty DVD. Now, if they can do them right at 1080p, then go for it.

I don't know if anyone gets e-mails from Amazon, but this morning they sent one saying 8 Diagram would be released on September 7?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003G715IK/ref=s9_simh_gw_p74_i1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=0KMMQQM0Y5Y99DCCWAD5&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=470938631&pf_rd_i=507846

I can't see Dragon Dynasty releasing a Shaws movie two weeks in a row (Crippled Avengers - September 14). I'm guessing Amazon got their date incorrect? Anyone can confirm?

Morgoth Bauglir

Best Buy and Suncoast/FYE also have it listed for 10-12. I went into Suncoast today to see if I could get it early only to find out that I'll have to wait another month.

Morgoth Bauglir

Generally they are overpriced, but if you get the movie the week it’s released they are usually on sale. For example I get all my UFC DVDs at Suncoast. Best Buy always has them for $14.99, but Suncoast is $12.99, and the last 2 have been $11.99. Plus you get 10% off if you have the membership thing. And if you trade anything you get 25% more for whatever you trade.

Morgoth Bauglir

Got this at Wal Mart. Perfect sounding dual language tracks and picture. No extras. Subtitles are way different than the English dub on the portion I watched. Dub seems a better translation at times, and subtitles seem a better translation at times. It will probably take a couple more viewings to decide which translation I think is better.

Got this at Wal Mart. Perfect sounding dual language tracks and picture. No extras. Subtitles are way different than the English dub on the portion I watched. Dub seems a better translation at times, and subtitles seem a better translation at times. It will probably take a couple more viewings to decide which translation I think is better.

Thanks.

Is it Cantonese?

Morgoth Bauglir

It says Mandarin on the back of the case, but I'm not an expert on telling the difference between the two:crossedlips:

I could very well be wrong on this, but I think the original language may be Mandarin, because of the time period of when the movie takes place. And the mouth movements fit the sound very well on the portion I watched (the scene with Lau Kar Leung is the part I watched with subs).

edit- Whatever the original language is (and it probably is Cantonese it seems now that I've reread the entire thread), they should have included both language tracks like the IVL DVD did just to make everyone happy.

Archived