Acts of Violence (2010)

mpm74

Does anyone know about this movie? Even though it says "theatrical release" (apple always does this), looks like it'll be a straight to video movie.

http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/independent/actsofviolence/

It looks pretty good. Directed and starring some guy named Il Lim. I like the trailer, because it seems he's going for a different kind of revenge movie; serious, yet still a martial arts movie.

Sorry if this has been posted about before. It's new to me!

Drunken Monk

I'd actually never heard of this film and while it looks like it was filmed on a camera phone (I, too, would be surprised if this gets a theatrical release) the action looks pretty good. I like that there seems to be a level of brutality in the fight scenes; lots of bludgeoning and such. I'm certainly intrigued in how this one will be.

Cognoscente
On 4/25/2010 at 11:55 PM, Drunken Monk said:

I'd actually never heard of this film and while it looks like it was filmed on a camera phone (I, too, would be surprised if this gets a theatrical release) the action looks pretty good.

This makes me wonder why there hasn't been a martial arts movie equivalent to The Blair Witch Project. Maybe not necessarily a horror movie per se, but perhaps a courtroom drama where witnesses have filmed an incriminating fight or more.

• Like 1