Shapes and Aesthetics

falkor

Fang Shih-yu

Yes, Brother Fang, but we have 2 possible interpretations of your reply:

1. Are you saying the other falkor maybe is not real ?

Or

2. That he is a NEVER ENDING STORY.....!!!?

Alas, this falkor is all too real, and he is not so much The Neverending Story as he is "a legend in his MIND"!

ironfistedmonk

Shapes levels? Thats really quite pathetic and leans towards all that kung fu elitism bullshit. This thread has made me laugh, don't know how I missed it, lack of intelligence maybe :tongue:

Shapes levels? Thats really quite pathetic and leans towards all that kung fu elitism bullshit. This thread has made me laugh, don't know how I missed it, lack of intelligence maybe :tongue:

No no Ironfistedmonk , it is not your lack of intelligence ( You are quote high there my friend !!).

It is just your terrible low SHAPES LEVEL !!!! I just checked your SHAPES GRADES with the KUNG FU GENIE & you have been skipping CLASSES !!

I am very afraid you will fail you SHAPES EXZAM & repeat this semester next year ...:cry:

How are you ever going to enter the SHAPES COLLAGE & transfer to the 4 year SHAPES UNIVERSE this way ???

Athena the invincible

thou shall not use the shapes name in vain :nerd:

I am sorry Silver Hermit, it is just in good humor to lift ones spirit !

But as a good heroine I repent & accept all Shapes Punishment !

I would guess that is to never watch SHAPES again:cry: ,Only too be allowed a a BASHER:tongue: or 2 a week maybe ??

Seriously No offence intended !! I love Shapes movies hands down ! Carter Wong BIG FAVE...!!!

A (fairly) repentant Athena The Invincible

not you i'm just joining in on the fun. totaly random yes i know :xd:

Oh Silver Hermit I am relieved !!

That (Being allowed no SHAPES ) would have been a TERRIBLE WEEK FOR ME !

Athena ( VILLANESS version ) The Invincible !

On 4/23/2010 at 6:44 AM, falkor said:

What is it about Kung Fu Movies--particularly those of the late 70s/early 80s shapes period--that makes them so fun, enjoyable, exciting, interesting and entertaining?

What exactly happens when we watch a Kung Fu film? Can the experience be explained and what makes it so good? Is there anything that is similar to watching a Kung Fu film? How would you explain to somebody who has never seen a Kung Fu film why you find them so good?

The action is unpredictable, the directorial/editorial style is experimental, and the simplicity of the plot benefits the main selling point more than any other genre e.g. horror and erotica.

Watching a Kung Fu movie makes people want to do Kung Fu more than action/war movies make people want to pick up a gun. Kung Fu movies have given us more Kung Fu students than horror movies have birthed killers. Kung Fu movies show us what the human body can do at its best whereas horror movies show us what the human body can do at its worst. Because Kung Fu movies are more glamorous than boxing movies, people are more likely to live vicariously through the protagonists of the former than the latter. The only thing that beats the vicarious sensation is erotica.

At its best, Kung Fu cinema embodies what Mel Gibson said about the triple E rule of filmmaking: entertain, educate and elevate.

• Like 3