Tieqiao San (2010)

Pai Mei

Here is a movie still in its planning stages according to Times Production LLC. I sure hope this materailizes this year with the proposed lead cast members.

Tieqiao San

Production Year: 2010

Producer: Tony Leung Hung-Wah

Director: Ridley Tsui Bo-Wah

Actors: Wu Jing, Louis Fan, Sammo Hung

His muscle power is striking

He is the Super Power

He is known as the Master of Hung Ga

He is also known as one of the Ten Tigers of Guangdong

He is the founder of "Iron Wire Fist"

He is also the instructor of Wong Fei Hung

He is Tieqiao San

Tieqiao San (1831-1886), originally Liang Kun, was a resident of Guangdong, Nanhai. When he was a little boy, he loved marital arts so much that he looked for famous masters everywhere. Later on, he got the chance to meet with Monk Jueyin from the Shaolin Temple in Fujian Putian County, the then Hung Ga Giant. Liang Kun admired Jueyin very much. Thus he requested to learn from Jueyin and joined the Nengren Temple on the Baiyun Mountain in Guangzhou to practice himself without tensure. He had stayed in the temple for 7 years to be trained by Jueyin and received utmost instructions from Monk Jueyin. Ultimately, he learnt all essences from the instructor, and became one of the masters of Hung Ga after this style had been introduced into Guangdong. Liang Kun was also listed among the “Ten Tigers in Guangdong”.

In 1830, foreign businessmen represented by England and France began selling opium in Guangzhou, bringing serious social problems in China and lots of silver began to flow out. Emperor Daoguang thus made up his mind to ban on opium-smoking and the opium trade, and he called Lin Zexu in Beijing. On Dec. 31, 1838 (on the 15th day of the 11th lunar month of Daoguang Dynasty), Lin Zexu was named the Government Inspector with Agency Seal, implementing Opium Banning Policy across China.

Having heard that Tieqiao San was a man of integrity, Lin Zexu made a special appointment to see him, expecting Tieqiao San to collect evidences among the people for him and Tieqiao San made a definite promise. Tieqiao San secretly delegated his principal follower Wen Fu to investigate on various opium traders. Unfortunately, Wen Fu was killed by two mysterious foreign killers. Wong Fei Hung, another follower of Tieqiao San wanted to find out the causes. However, he eventually found out the real causes of Wen Fu’s death being that he had been gathering information for the imperial court, investigating on persons with foreign tobacco clubs as well as the criminal records of opium smuggles. Wong Fei Hung vowed to revenge for his senior fellow apprentice but Tieqiao San stopped him. Tieqiao San submitted all the evidences collected by Wong Fei Hung to Lin Zexu. As an official of integrity, Lin Zexu at once requested all tobacco traders to hand over all opium in 3 days and sign Affidavits declaring that they would never sell opium ever since. Otherwise, “once being found out, all goods shall be confiscated by the government and the persons involved will be brought to justice and persons with such act shall plead guilty”. Since then Lin Zexu got a complete list of all opium traders and greedy officials.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Director: Ridley Tsui Bo-Wah

I just looked him up. He was action director on "A Fighter's Blues". That wasn't really a fight flick, but knowing his ties to Daniel Lee... I'm less interested in this now.

He's also got a few ties to Sammo, namely action directing 'Skinny Tiger and Fatty Dragon' and playing one of the villains in 'Pantyhose Hero'.

BATTLE AXE 45

who will play tieqiao san?i hope its louis fan.i can't see wu jing playing this role.he needs more meat on his bones.

I'm not sure if this is good at all. I have huge respect for new generation HK action directors but when most of them go into directing, things don't turn out so good. Let's see how it turns out.

Tsui is also a phenomenal kicker. He was perhaps one of the pros about Mortal Kombat: Annihilation, where he played Smoke, using mainly kicking skills against Sonya Blade and Jax.

Archived