Aftershock

DiP

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i will definitely get this when it s released on dvd in china (if it will carry english subs)!

i like the director's past movies and i like this kind of flicks..so it's a must buy for me ^^

A great filmmaker indeed. I enjoyed his work on A World Without Thieves but it was Assembly that got my attention.

Assembly is a really great and touching movie.

The second time I watched it was during a film festival here in italy... an awesome experience.

Also his comedies are pretty entertainment such as "If u'r the one" and "sorry baby".

"Aftershock" to Premiere in Tangshan on July 12

A premiere ceremony for director Feng Xiaogang's tearjerker "Aftershock" will be held in Tangshan, the city where the devastating earthquake that is the subject of the movie occurred 34 years ago, the local newspaper the "Tangshan Evening Post" reports.

The event will be held on July 12 at the city's stadium with Feng and the movie's cast and crew. The movie will be shown on an IMAX screen during the ceremony.

"Aftershock" was adopted from a novel based on the Tangshan earthquake in 1976. It mainly focuses on a family who was separated by the earthquake, reflecting how the disaster affected ordinary people's lives.

The IMAX version of the film will open in mainland cinemas nationwide on July 22. Feng has said that he hopes his film can make 500 million yuan (US$74 million) at box offices.

The quake, which killed at least 240,000 people and severely injured a further 164,000, is believed to be the deadliest earthquake of the 20th century.

http://english.cri.cn/6666/2010/07/03/63s580759.htm

Archived