Little Heroes (自古英雄出少年)(1983)

fiol

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it's ripped from the tv... the video quality is good (although the frame rate is not right, u can see it's not smooth).

i'm happy with my dvd, at least it's smooth :xd:

Stuntman Jules

I think the frame rate of the HD broadcast is actually right. That mainland DVD has the PAL 4% speedup. Interestingly enough, it's actually "open matte" it seems.

Anyways, you guys are welcome. I'm pretty excited to find a copy that nice looking, wish I could get a DVD made from that master with subs. It's a very popular film in China (apparently it was like E.T. here in its gross and popularity), apparently it was Mou's biggest box office hit of his whole career, he tells me.

It looks better than the best prints of either of the Black Sun movies ironically which were made much recently. I'd love to get a print of Men Behind the Sun that looks that good. I think everybody believes the cat scene's real because of all the bad prints.

I think the frame rate of the HD broadcast is actually right. That mainland DVD has the PAL 4% speedup. Interestingly enough, it's actually "open matte" it seems.

Anyways, you guys are welcome. I'm pretty excited to find a copy that nice looking, wish I could get a DVD made from that master with subs. It's a very popular film in China (apparently it was like E.T. here in its gross and popularity), apparently it was Mou's biggest box office hit of his whole career, he tells me.

It looks better than the best prints of either of the Black Sun movies ironically which were made much recently. I'd love to get a print of Men Behind the Sun that looks that good. I think everybody believes the cat scene's real because of all the bad prints.

i tried out the fullscreen 16/9 option one my 21" lcd wide and the frame rate is worse than my dvd.. sure the video quality is better compared to my dvd (most of the cctv & co. rips have a really good quality) but i rather watch a smooth movie than one which isnt.

About MBTS.. i still have to watch my LD..who knows? could be good.

I have the crappiest luck with this movie. First off, its great. Its about the Tian Di Hui on the run from the Ching. I have found sources better than the commercial DVD, but they each have their own flaws. I have two high quality recordings, but they have some motion bluring/ghosting, and I have a low quality recording with perfect movement but with pixelation :(

The film is so popular that it was made into a cool TV series recently.

Archived