Little Heroes (自古英雄出少年)(1983)

fiol

Little Heroes (自古英雄出少年)

11973395814241197339581.jpg

Dir: Tun Fei Mou

Cast: Yong Hao || Hsiao Yen Chang || Yong Zhang || Changgui Xiong || etc

Pure gold! To be honest one of the best martial art movie i've ever seen.

Everything was perfect: the music, the backgrounds, the kung fu shown

Both children and adults gave fantastic performances with plenty of styles (drunken, snake,wushu,eagle,etc) .. the final showdown was awesome!

I dunno if anyone else here have watched this mainland flick , if not... watch it!! :xd:

I have the dvd.. quality pretty vcd like.. no eng subs just chinese trad or simpl

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Did you watch the VV dvd aka Shaolin Youth Posse?

I watched the mainland dvd published from T-Boy (an unknown company from GuangZhou,China,) and it's called Little Heroes + Chinese Ttitle (like the one i post on my OP). It's a pretty good rls if u know some chinese

Cool. Can't say that i do know some Chinese, but it would probably not limit me from watching it anyway. I'll probably get the VV version at some point just to fill out a blank. Where did you get your mainland version and is it widescreen? Thanks for the label infos. And google translate told me that 自古英雄出少年 means something in the lines of Hero since the ancient times :).

Did you watch the VV dvd aka Shaolin Youth Posse?

This is not Shaolin Youth Posse. If I'm not mistaken, it's directed by the same guy who directed the Shaw film Lost Souls.

Cool. Can't say that i do know some Chinese, but it would probably not limit me from watching it anyway. I'll probably get the VV version at some point just to fill out a blank. Where did you get your mainland version and is it widescreen? Thanks for the label infos. And google translate told me that 自古英雄出少年 means something in the lines of Hero since the ancient times :).

The chinese title could mean "Since the ancient times Heroes are young" or "Since the ancient times heroes are coming from the early youth/years".

I bought this edition directly from China since i have a friend who was there. About the dvd quality...well...check this out:

vlcsnap2010041421h57m36.th.jpgvlcsnap2010041421h57m44.th.jpgvlcsnap2010041421h57m53.th.jpg

vlcsnap2010041421h58m22.th.jpgvlcsnap2010041421h58m26.th.jpgvlcsnap2010041421h58m36.th.jpg

vlcsnap2010041421h58m43.th.jpg

The publisher is Tr-Boy/Boing from GuangZhou. The Main Menu is animated and with music as background. The chinese subtitles (simplified) are excellent as well as the mandarin audiotrack. It comes with a doityourself slipcase (xD)

Morgoth Bauglir

I don’t think this movie is Shaolin Youth Posse. hkmdb.com lists this as Little Heroes aka Young Heroes directed by Mau Dui Fai. I think you are mixed up dMG because the name of Youth Posse is The Little Hero of Shaolin Temple. Then again, I may be totally wrong. I've been wrong once before in my life:tongue:

fiol you seem to have gotten a lot of good mainland movies lately. I can't say I've ever heard of any of them until you brought them up.

I don’t think this movie is Shaolin Youth Posse. hkmdb.com lists this as Little Heroes aka Young Heroes directed by Mau Dui Fai. I think you are mixed up dMG because the name of Youth Posse is The Little Hero of Shaolin Temple. Then again, I may be totally wrong. I've been wrong once before in my life:tongue:

fiol you seem to have gotten a lot of good mainland movies lately. I can't say I've ever heard of any of them until you brought them up.

Mau Dui Fai is Tun Fei Mou , two names same awesome director :xd:

About the bolded thing, i have to say that i'm really interested in the mainland filmography pre and post mao (or in the mao's period), and i'm quite happy to find out that after the prohibition the mainland directors and martial artists/opera artists made so many gongfu movies ...now the only thing is find them all! Mostly have been hired on CCTV and i'm happy to find these movies in their original language :wink:

Sounds good. I would love to get my hand on old school mainland flicks. But without knowing any Mandarin that is going to be hard.

Is there any book or internet site to look up?

I have seen Wu Dang : http://www.ofdb.de/film/7722,Die-M%C3%A4nner-von-Wu-Dang

Really liked it.

Wu Dang is another awesome mainland flick... the chinese dvd is worth it (if u know some chinese of course since it doesnt have ANY subs)....and I m gonna purchase the original poster :tongue:

You can take a look at mtime.com but you have to know how to navigate a chinese website.. there are plenty of stuff in there

wizard12220

Definitely very good. I remembered watching it on screen long time ago. And I used to have the betamax.

Definitely a separate title from "Little Hero of Shaolin Temple." I've seen that and I thought it was horrible.

Some of those mainland films are spectacular in the styles and choreography. They leave a little to be desired in the plot and such, but that can be overlooked when you're watching Wushu champions doing their thing at full speed. "Undaunted Wudang" is definitely one to see.

Ah, the notorious Mau Dui Fai - he who left me without an appetite for a few days after viewing "Men Behind the Sun." :crossedlips:

Ah, the notorious Mau Dui Fai - he who left me without an appetite for a few days after viewing "Men Behind the Sun." :crossedlips:

lol i guess u didnt like MBTS,did u? xD

lol i guess u didnt like MBTS,did u? xD

I didn't think it was a bad movie, just some pretty disturbing scenes... i.e. the pressure chamber and others.

I didn't think it was a bad movie, just some pretty disturbing scenes... i.e. the pressure chamber and others.

that scene was...hilarious :bigsmile:

Stuntman Jules

Nice poster, that's going in my film.

I liked Young Heroes a lot.It's a little hard to do in raw Chinese and the print's kind of washed out so the gorgeous cinematography isn't done good justice, but it's a great film.

It was while making this (filming in the mainland) that Mou got the idea to do Men Behind the Sun. He doesn't seem that proud of the film though since they (the PRC gov) cut all the violence/gore from it. His original cut he told me had some Chang Cheh-like bloodshed. Apparently it grossed loads of money (like the ET of China) and its locations became popular tourist spots.

Nice poster, that's going in my film.

I liked Young Heroes a lot.It's a little hard to do in raw Chinese and the print's kind of washed out so the gorgeous cinematography isn't done good justice, but it's a great film.

It was while making this (filming in the mainland) that Mou got the idea to do Men Behind the Sun. He doesn't seem that proud of the film though since they (the PRC gov) cut all the violence/gore from it. His original cut he told me had some Chang Cheh-like bloodshed. Apparently it grossed loads of money (like the ET of China) and its locations became popular tourist spots.

Little Heroes/Young Heroes has indeed one of the best cinematography I ever seen in a gongfu movie,pity the quality is so...well..

Well to me it's better without any "Chang Cheh-like bloodshed", cause the movie as it is ,it's gorgeous and amazing.. blood & co. would have ruined the film in my opinion.

Archived