The Amazing Spider-Man

AlbertV

ShaOW!linDude

Hmmm, they're using some sort of new high-filuting cameras for this movie. They actually sound pretty sweet.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/111895-spider-man-starts-shooting-using-epic-digital-cameras

However, I have a question concerning the little Q & A with Irrfan Khan, specifically his answer to the last one. Am I being sensitive or should I feel a little offended by that?

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That guy sounded genuinely clueless.

"Is that his name?" - a statement worth it's weight in gold.

Spider-Man has the richest rogues gallery in comics - why feel the need to create a new character, especially when it sounds as lame as "Proto-Goblin"?

Man, if the actor playing the guy is as uninterested in him as I am, that's a BAD sign!! :tongue:

ShaOW!linDude

Karlos, dude, bro! You are cracking me up!!!!!!!!!:tongue:

I need to stop following the info on this movie. I'm afraid I'm starting to sound like a fanboy.:cry:

ShaOW!linDude

Well, film shooting has started.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/112647-spider-man-shooting-locations

On a side note, in trial runs and pre-productions of the $60M "Spiderman: Turn Off The Dark" Broadway musical (who thought this was a good idea?) there were a slew of accidents. Now this:

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/112597-fourth-accident-at-spider-man-turn-off-the-dark

If you ask me, they should "turn off the lights" on this.

I'm sorry but I don't like the way Andrew Garfield as Peter Parker looks! They shoulda stayed with Tobey!

Yeah, cause Peter Parker was nearing 40 in the comics. If only Adam West had played Batman in THE DARK KNIGHT, it would have made twice as much!

That suit might be the "first wave" or trial suit. Who knows?

I just hope the movie is good. I don't mind spidey being all skinny... that's sorta how he looked in comic books.

Good news...they really are going old school

Spider-Man is going to have the mechanical webshooters and not the webs from the wrists like Tobey Maguires.

Full story at Dark Horizons

OK its nothing great the costume looks good from that scene. I was watching Spidey 2 last night and I still enjoyed that one and to me Tobey is still Spiderman hands down!

Here's a better look at the suit, but according to sources, it looks to be more of a suit for the stunt actors.

Dark Horizons:

"The costume however is likely designed specifically for stunt work, which would explain the brighter coloring and the more sneaker-like feet as the sequences being shot involve night shoots on streets."

soud.jpg

Guest Yi-Long
ig93dc.jpg

I do like that picture/suit.

I'm glad they're doing a reboot, however they're making the same mistake they did with the Raimi Spider-Man: They are letting 20-something actors play teens.

That might be OK for this first movie, but a few movies in and it will just be ridiculous again.

I would rather have seen them cast actual teenage actors in the role. Peter Parker is supposed to be a small skinny tiny kid when he gets bitten by the spider. This guy in the suit, although he might be a great actor... he obviously doesn't even closely resemble a 15-16 year old kid who is in hsi puberty.

Or, better yet, just do the whole thing in CGI completely.

Wow! They really are going old school...maybe there is a little shred of hope after all (from the Spidey swinging pics)...I do agree with Yi-Long...they should have casted someone younger but I guess we will see come 2012.

I don't know how many of you seen the MTV Spiderman series b4 it was cancelled: New Adventures of Spider-Man but it was off the hook, they cancelled it after I think one season. I have it on DVD one of the best Cartoons I've seen for Spiderman the CGI almost 3D like.

Amazon.com

While fans breathlessly await the fate of the computer-animated New Adventures of Spider-Man (it remains in limbo after being dropped by MTV in 2003), they can enjoy all 13 episodes of its first season on this two-disc set, which includes a wealth of extras. Mainframe Entertainment (which created the cult Saturday morning series ReBoot) and writer/executive producer Brian Michael Bendis (the Ultimate Spider-Man comic) give the venerable story a spin by placing Peter Parker (voiced by Neil Patrick Harris) in college alongside pal Harry Osborn (Ian Ziering) and longtime crush Mary Jane Watson (singer Lisa Loeb). As usual, Parker/Spidey must conceal his secret identity while wrangling a host of foes, which are a mix of ones drawn from the comic book (The Lizard, Kraven the Hunter) and brand new enemies (Talon, voiced by rapper Eve). Spider-Man fans seem firmly divided into "for" and "against" camps over the animation, which beautifully captures Spidey's web-slinging, but often looks awkward when depicting everyday movement. Die-hard series viewers and Spider-Man/Marvel collectors in general will be pleased by the set, which includes behind-the-scenes featurettes and commentary by the creators. --Paul Gaita

ShaOW!linDude

daisho2004 ------ Got it. Love it. Wanted more of it. It never seems to fail that when something I consider to be enjoyably unique and cutting edge comes along, it dies an early death.:cry:

NPH was perfect voice casting as Spidey/Parker. Wish they'd do something similar to it now. It would be freaking wild esp. with the advances they've made in CGI. Plus, that show never really delved into Spidey's rogues gallery like I hoped it would.

ShaOW!linDude: I feel your pain on this my Kung-Fu Brother! That series was off the hook, and I never seen it on MTV I got it on DVD by a fluke, and loved it. I was so disappointed when I found out it was cancelled after only 13 epsiodes.

Archived