The Amazing Spider-Man

AlbertV

Here's the latest on the reboot of SPIDER-MAN, scheduled for release in 2012.

Confirmed:

-Marc Webb will be directing.

-The story will be based on James Vanderbilt's original script which was meant for the 2002 version.

Latest Rumor:

According to HitFix, the current frontrunner to play Peter Parker is 18-year old Logan Lerman, currently known for the titular role in Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Lightning Thief. Rumored names also in the running include Anton Yelchin, Jesse Eisenberg, Patrick Fugit, and Johnny Simmons.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The rumor of Lerman being the front runner as Spider-Man has been debunked by Sony themselves. Dark Horizons reports the following:

"Here we go again. Sony has issued an official denial and Deadline reports that "insiders at Sony... were very definitive in denying the story, and were sure that Lerman was 100% not going to be Spidey and that he is not on the list of candidates being seriously considered." HitFix says it's standing by its source and story."

Update: Added to the shortlist to play Peter Parker is Josh Hutcherson, best known for starring in BRIDGE TO TERIBITHIA, JOURNEY TO THE CENTER OF THE EARTH opposite Brendan Fraser, and recently seen in CIRQUE DU FREAK: THE VAMPIRE'S ASSISTANT as the lead character's best friend.

Okay, Here's some more info on Spider-Man 3D as they are now calling it.

There are apparently five contenders for the role of Peter Parker/Spider-Man. I will list the "frontrunner" first:

Jamie Bell, 24 - British actor who was in Jumper and Billy Elliott. He is the current frontrunner and possibly a lock.

Josh Hutcherson, 18 - the youngest and most experienced of the five, appeared in Bridge to Teribithia and Journey to the Center of the Earth. He might not be able to play Spidey due to commitment on Journey to the Center of the Earth 3-D sequel w/ Brendan Fraser.

Andrew Garfield, 26 - appeared in Robert Redford's Lions for Lambs

Alden Ehrenreich, 20 - a discovery of Steven Spielberg, he stole the limelight from Vincent Gallo in Fracis Ford Coppola's film Tetro.

Frank Dillane, 19 - British actor who appeared as the teenage Tom Riddle in Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince.

For anyone who wants to see headshots of the actors, go to Dark Horizons and you decide.

More Spidey 3-D News:

Michael Fassbender (Inglorious Basterds) has been approached to make a decision. He may play the young Erik Lensherr in X-Men First Class or the villain in Spider-Man 3-D.

Honestly I didn't think Spiderman needed a reboot I think the franchise was great just the way it is! Granted Spideman #3 had to many villains but overall I love the entire series. And Tobey rocked as Spidey!

Drunken Monk

I'm excited for a reboot (not as much as I am for the idea of a "Fantastic Four" reboot) because, in my opinion, it's needed.

While I enjoyed the first two Spidey movies and recognize Sam Raimi as a talent, I think I fell a little in love with the concept of the movies and not the movies themselves. After re-watching them, I find it all a little too camp and some of the special effect just terrible.

I'm wondering what a fresh director will bring to the Spider Man tale and how he'll present the origin tale in his own unique way.

This will also allow Raimi to, perhaps, return with a few new horror efforts and, of course, his "Warcraft" movie.

From what I understand, the new Spider-Man will have James Vanderbilt's original script from 2000 or so that will be a little darker in tone. It is being rumored that The Lizard will be Spidey's nemesis in this one.

kungfusamurai

Geez, it hasn't even been a decade and they're already talking about doing a remake? How retarded is hollywood? Can they not come up with anything new anymore?

KFS

Latest update: 2 more names added to the list of contenders for Spider-Man, according to the L.A. Times.

Aaron "Kick-Ass" Johnson and Anton Yelchin.

This is the current list of contenders to play Peter Parker in the upcoming Spider-Man reboot. Most of them have shot screen tests and a decision should be made shortly:

Jamie Bell (JUMPER)

Anton Yelchin (STAR TREK)

Aaron Johnson (KICK-ASS)

Andrew Garfield (LIONS FOR LAMBS)

Logan Lerman (PERCY JACKSON AND THE OLYMPIANS)

Alden Ehrenreich (TETRO)

Michael Angarano (THE FORBIDDEN KINGDOM)

Frank Dillane (HARRY POTTER AND THE HALF-BLOOD PRINCE)

Geez, it hasn't even been a decade and they're already talking about doing a remake? How retarded is hollywood? Can they not come up with anything new anymore?

KFS

Agreed wholeheartedly, this is the decade of sequel/remake/reboot and i'm tired of it. However it is the new trend and it will stay for a while. Onto the topic, I would careless for another Spiderman.

Wow....Marvel apparently pulled a Captain America. It looks like there could be official word that Josh Hutcherson (JOURNEY TO THE CENTER OF THE EARTH) may end up getting the role of Spider-Man/Peter Parker.

Dark Horizons:

Finally today, Blue Sky Disney is claiming that Sony Pictures executives and director Marc Webb have decided on Josh Hutcherson as the new Peter Parker for their upcoming "Spider-Man" reboot.

An offer was apparently made and has been accepted by the actor who won the role after several extensive test shoots.

IT IS OFFICIAL!!!

Andrew Garfield is the new Spider-Man. Marc Webb made the announcement today at a press conference. The 26-year old US/UK citizen won the role.

daisho2004

I don't know if I like him for the part of Peter Parker really don't remember anything he has been in. Just by his appearance, but hey I could be wrong!

I think Marvel's films suck for the most part, but I would love to see someone make a good daredevil film. Do we really need another retelling of Spiderman.

I think Marvel's films suck for the most part, but I would love to see someone make a good daredevil film. Do we really need another retelling of Spiderman.

It's only happening because the producers wanted to do a 4th film that would continue the series, but they couldn't gather a good enough story. Therefore, Sam Raimi and Tobey Maguire left and producers decided to use James Vanderbilt's original script for the 2002 version (apparently more darker in tone) only we now learn that because of Garfield's age, the story will be set in college instead of high school.

Latest news on the Spider-Man reboot is that Emma Stone, who was in Zombieland and stars in the recently released Easy A may be playing Mary Jane Watson.

ShaOW!linDude

She is a good pick for that role. I'm not sold on this Garfield dude though. He doesn't favor Peter Parker IMPO. Guess we'll see what happens.

froffeecoffee
She is a good pick for that role. I'm not sold on this Garfield dude though. He doesn't favor Peter Parker IMPO. Guess we'll see what happens.

Definitely! She's perfect as Mary Jane.

I still not too excited for this redux. Until I see a trailer and read the reviews, this maybe reduced to the level of The Fantastic Four, Daredevil, Ghost Rider, and The Punisher movies. :neutral:

Again I don't see the need to change Actors! Directors now that is a totally different story, to me Tobey owns that role, its kinda going to feel weird seeing another person play Spider-Man now!

... to me Tobey owns that role, its kinda going to feel weird seeing another person play Spider-Man now!

Sort of like watching Mark Ruffalo play Bruce Banner in the Avengers, instead of Edward Norton! :sad:

ShaOW!linDude

Just got through reading a current post on another forum(how dare me!).

Emma Stone is NOT playing Mary Jane. That character isn't slated to be in the reboot. She'll be playing Gwen Stacey.

Yup, just got that one too. So I'm guessing it's going to be the Peter Parker-Gwen Stacy love story. Heard a while back they may not bring MJ in this one.

Archived