The Tournament DVD up for pre-order..

KyFi

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest maskedavenger
The German DVD is better

LOL....u do know the german dvd is shitty pal convert of the jap dvd? if that wasn't bad enough they cramed it onto a single dvd5 with another movie. I've seen better dvds from brentwood.

it's a DVD-9, smartass. and i want YOU to compare the 2 DVDs once the HK one is out. let's see if you admit which is better... but you won't, as you're a internet hero.

and tell me which brentwood dvd is better. Please :)

you know, you're a laughing stock. I can sense your hatred right over here, you're just empty words and nothing behind it. i really feel sorry for you.

Killer Meteor
LOL....u do know the german dvd is shitty pal convert of the jap dvd? if that wasn't bad enough they cramed it onto a single dvd5 with another movie. I've seen better dvds from brentwood.

No, its proper PAL and a DVD 9 - I can see it in front of me. Please don't lie.

Fist Of Boss

Why in joy sales classic collection dvds the plot of movie is revealed completely:sad:.After reading it(well,nobody forced me to do so) I do not see much reason to add this into top of shopping list.:nerd:

The German DVD is fine indeed.

And as those Fortune Star Legendary Collection DVDs are mostly DVD-5 I do not see a problem.

Furthermore the HK Video-CD was cut. And it is always a gamble with Fortune Star DVDs if they will be uncut or not.

The German DVD is the way to go. And while your at it, get the World of Drunken Master & Incredible Kung Fu Master :tongue:

i want the german dvd.. anyone help... uk?

If you have a credit card you should be able to order the DVDs from amazon.de.

It is easy if you have an Amazon account be it Amazon.com or Amazon.co.uk.

http://www.amazon.de/Eastern-Classics-Vol-Angela-Mao/dp/B001A1Q980/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1271229543&sr=8-2

The Tournament + 8 Master of Shaolin.

http://www.amazon.de/Todeshauch-Drunken-Master-Eastern-Classics/dp/B00140CA2G/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1271229776&sr=1-1

World of the Drunken Master + Crazy Couple

If the ship abroad try marketplace and new DVDs.

I paid 9€ each DVD and now it is double that price.

Stupid thing is the Germans give Martial Arts Movies funny and sometimes stupid titles.

So for a non native speaker it is hard to find out what is what.

E.G. The Tournament has the title Todestritt der Gelben Katze something like Deadly Kick of the Yellow Cat.

Just don't ask. :tongue:

For the 5 bucks this will cost, I will grab the Joy Sales release, if only to compare the subs to the German DVD. I wonder if they will use the same translation?

The thing I notice about the German releases is the timing in their subtitles is sometimes way too fast. I've seen it on Seaman No. 7 and a couple of others: excellent translations marred by subtitles that go by too quickly. Or maybe my eyes are getting old, lol.

Stupid thing is the Germans give Martial Arts Movies funny and sometimes stupid titles...

E.G. The Tournament has the title Todestritt der Gelben Katze something like Deadly Kick of the Yellow Cat.

Just don't ask. :tongue:

Well, Angela Mao has great kicks, and she's Taiwanese?, and lastly a woman, sometimes referred to sexually as a kitten, so I can somewhat understand how they'd come up with that.

It's racist, sexist and derogatory, but a great number of the films from that era had questionable titles that simply wouldn't fly these days.

Lady Whirlwind aka Deep Thrust! :bigsmile:

Just got around to watching the new Joy Sales DVD---I haven't seen the other versions, but this print looks GREAT! Awesome movie, too--maybe my favorite Angela Mao one. Can't go wrong with this one at $6.

The German DVD is proper progressive PAL (Joy Sales is PAL>NTSC with blended frames/interlacing), contains the English dub and better subtitles.

Both this and the Japanese King DVD are uncut - I imagine Joy Sales is the same, but like 'Stoner', it maybe a different master. The Joy Sales VCD is missing two segments (during the Thai fight and towards the end when the duo are informed of the school's current state prior to leaving).

uhmm... so it might be uncut , u r not really sure,right?

i wait for one more confirmation... i'm really interested in this movie but i need it uncut and if the hk version is, i will buy it :)

Archived