Gallants (2010)

BLfan

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB
Wow you saw this in the theater with Bruce Leung, man that would of been so cool!

Yup! :bigsmile: Before the film, he gets introduced to the crowd and tells us that it's his first time in the USA and that he'd always dreamt of comiing here. Then the movie begins. The crowd was already enthusiastic- obviously made up of some serious fans (I met our very own Monk Sante there), but when Bruce made his entrance in the film (which is priceless! and shall remain spoiler free) the crowd went nuts! I was so happy for him that he got to feel such love and admiration from his fans. :wink: After the movie he spoke for a bit, and he definitely seemed emotionally affected by it all. Great day!

TibetanWhiteCrane

Just saw that Bey is doing the commentary for the MB version with Teddy Robin...

And his company is opening a HK movie memorabilia store online... sounds interesting!

From Bey's blog: "B&E are starting a new Hong Kong cinema memorabilia business, Reel East, and just acquired the rights to sell merchandise from the Fortune Star library. This includes posters, lobby cards and other materials from the golden era of the industry. Stay tuned for news on our new Reel East website, where you can buy genuine memorabilia from the glory days of Hong Kong movies!

Right now, our warehouse looks like the scene at the end of 'Raiders of the Lost Ark', with boxes stretching in every direction!"

Just saw that Bey is doing the commentary for the MB version with Teddy Robin...

And his company is opening a HK movie memorabilia store online... sounds interesting!

From Bey's blog: "B&E are starting a new Hong Kong cinema memorabilia business, Reel East, and just acquired the rights to sell merchandise from the Fortune Star library. This includes posters, lobby cards and other materials from the golden era of the industry. Stay tuned for news on our new Reel East website, where you can buy genuine memorabilia from the glory days of Hong Kong movies!

Right now, our warehouse looks like the scene at the end of 'Raiders of the Lost Ark', with boxes stretching in every direction!"

OH man that's totally awesome news!!

Thanks for sharing!!!

Shaolin Patriot

Did anyone pick up the MB disc today, here in the US? If so, please confirm if the Bey Logan commentary is included and if any other bonus pieces are repurposed from the HK release.

OpiumKungFuCracker
Did anyone pick up the MB disc today, here in the US? If so, please confirm if the Bey Logan commentary is included and if any other bonus pieces are repurposed from the HK release.

MB???? Whats it stand for???

OpiumKungFuCracker

MB as in Media Blasters??? Isn't the one in the U.S distributed by Tokyo Shock??? I'm confused here, what Bey Logan commentary???

lol I don't know what I was expecting... I had mine ordered on amazon for a couple weeks now, and the day of its release (today).. they have it as "ships in 5-7 weeks".... Has MB/TS ever had a dvd release on time.. Guess that's what I get for getting my hopes up.. (rant over):tinysmile_angry2_t:

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB
Cool artwork for the UK disc!!

That is pretty cool. However, the young lady looks like the star, and where's Chen Kuan-Tai? When I first saw the movie and they showed her doing some moves in the beginning, I thought she was going to have a major role in the action. I was sorry she didn't. She seemed very talented.

MB as in Media Blasters??? Isn't the one in the U.S distributed by Tokyo Shock??? I'm confused here, what Bey Logan commentary???

Yes, MB stands for Media Blasters. MB has several, I guess they'd call them labels (?), that they distribute under including Anime Works, Shriek Show, and Tokyo Shock.

OpiumKungFuCracker

On the Amazon website, it say 5-7 weeks until in stocked... Yeah I'm not in a hurry to see it, I already have the Kan & Ramson version HK already...

Shaolin Patriot

Yes, MB stands for Media Blasters.

The Bey Logan commentary was mentioned earlier in this thread by TibetanWhiteCrane.

My region 1 copy arrived today. It is pretty much the same as the HK release. The only thing missing is the music video and photo gallery. However, it certainly does contain the Bey Logan and Teddy Robin commentary. (They were recorded together) As well, there are trailers for some of their Shaw Brothers and Japanese movie releases. The sound options are Cantonese 2.0 and 5.1, English sub. Damn happy about this release.

Forgot to mention, yellow subtitles. My only complaint is that the subs are not kept in the black bar area. They are at the bottom of the screen image and somewhat into the black bar area.

Shaolin Patriot
My region 1 copy arrived today. It is pretty much the same as the HK release. The only thing missing is the music video and photo gallery. However, it certainly does contain the Bey Logan and Teddy Robin commentary. (They were recorded together) As well, there are trailers for some of their Shaw Brothers and Japanese movie releases. The sound options are Cantonese 2.0 and 5.1, English sub. Damn happy about this release.

Thanks reason108. Did you enjoy the audio commentary?

Yes! I would say that Bey spoke as much as Teddy didnt. But, that is cool. I wouldn`t say that they made an great commentary duo though. Bey is more of a one man show. haha. But, it was very interesting.

I agree, excellent movie! Anytime I'm treated to Chen Kwan-Ti I'm happy. I wish someone would get together Chiang Da-Wei, Ti Lung, Chen Kwan-Ti, Chi Guan-Chun, Lau Ka-Leung, Hsiao Ho, Hui Ying Hung, Lau Ka-Fai, Pai Piao, Wu Ma, Ku Feng, Cheng Pei-Pei, the living Venoms, etc while they're all still alive and make some big, larger than life production!!!

Just for this in the other day...LOVE LOVE LOVED it!!! I sincerely hope this opens the door for more classic fu stars to make "comebacks", and similar classic vibes in movies to become more prevalent.

just finished THE GALLANTS.

wow! excellent! old school martial arts stars in a contemporary setting. goes to show what film-makers can acheive without a big budget and CGI horsecrap! highly recommended:angel: