Gallants (2010)

BLfan

How did this one fly under my radar! I just read through the whole thread and watched the trailer, sign me up for this one! Finally some of these old school actors get some respect.

Great pics Monk Sante and KFBob!

Finally watched this, I don't know how I never heard about this movie but it somehow slipped passed me, what a awesome movie. I don't know how else to describe it.

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB

I couldn't wait. I bought an official release as soon as it was released overseas. Nice DVD. Wish they would have used the cool painted poster that the director comissioned instead of the photo for the DVD cover.

emeraldforest
I couldn't wait. I bought an official release as soon as it was released overseas. Nice DVD. Wish they would have used the cool painted poster that the director comissioned instead of the photo for the DVD cover.

i bought mine in Beijing, they dont allow boots there :wink:

wanna buy a rolex? $9 :tongue:

OpiumKungFuCracker

This movie was all heart and soul, glad it won the award it deserves!!! Brings a tear to my eye to see all these old skool kung fu legends on screen ,purely awesome!!!

Guest Yi-Long

I still haven't seen it, but the reactions to this have been SO mixed! Some absolutely HATE it and think it's completely worthless (inlcuding my girlfriend and her family), while others seem to think it's great....!?

OpiumKungFuCracker

Interesting, what don't they like about the movie??? Do they like any of the old skool shaw brothers film??

OpiumKungFuCracker
At the end, when Bruce walks off the stage, a big dude with a long ponytail walks past the camera to grab his autograph- that's me! :bigsmile:

It was great reliving this awesome event. Thanks to whomever filmed and posted it on youtube, and to Emeraldforest for linking it.

BTW- glad you and Rogue Warrior enjoyed the movie so much. :wink:

Wow kungfubob you is one big scary dude!!! Anybody ever tell you could be the next Jason Vorhees, j/k??? How tall are you by the way??

I still haven't seen it, but the reactions to this have been SO mixed! Some absolutely HATE it and think it's completely worthless (inlcuding my girlfriend and her family), while others seem to think it's great....!?

If you like old school kung fu movies and/or kung fu comedies, I don't really see how you can dislike the movie.

The movie also has a great sense of style and aesthetics. I wish there were more throwback kung fu movies like these that don't take themselves so seriously, but aren't a joke either.

OpiumKungFuCracker
If you like old school kung fu movies and/or kung fu comedies, I don't really see how you can dislike the movie.

The movie also has a great sense of style and aesthetics. I wish there were more throwback kung fu movies like these that don't take themselves so seriously, but aren't a joke either.

My sentiments exactly... It's funny, it's heartwarming and yet it still kicks ass especially the old skool legends. The whole cast was just dynamite!!!

if i showed GALLANTS to my girlfriend and her family, they`d say the same.

then again, if u ask me, they dont know squat about good movies anyhow & wouldnt recognize a genre masterpiece (such as GALLANTS) if i implanted that particular intel right into their brains.

did i mention that GALLANTS is a masterpiece (deserving of all the praise it got in the hk film awards) ?! :angel:

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB
Wow kungfubob you is one big scary dude!!! Anybody ever tell you could be the next Jason Vorhees, j/k??? How tall are you by the way??

I'm more sasquatch-size than wookie. :xd: 6'3 right now, but I'm starting to shrink.

Just the credits are worth it. :tongue:

Love those credits!!! :nerd:

I can't wait to see/order this, the trailer gives me chills!!!:nerd:

Tosh, you're going to love it!

Still get geek chills when I think about seeing this in the same theater as Bruce Leung and the director. It must have been so cool for them to have the audience get so into it like that.

I'm more sasquatch-size than wookie. :xd: 6'3 right now, but I'm starting to shrink.

Love those credits!!! :nerd:

Tosh, you're going to love it!

Still get geek chills when I think about seeing this in the same theater as Bruce Leung and the director. It must have been so cool for them to have the audience get so into it like that.

Wow you saw this in the theater with Bruce Leung, man that would of been so cool! That's one thing I miss about living in Atlanta is getting opportunities to see some cool ass screenings, haven't seen much going on down this way for that kind of thing:squigglemouth: