Gallants (2010)

BLfan

I just got confirmation that Gallants will be showing at the Fantasia Film Festival. It will also be screening at the NY Asian Film Festival. There's an outside chance that some guests will be coming as well.

Just saw Subway Cinema's schedule and Bruce Leung will be appearing when Gallants plays at the NYAFF on July 6 and 8 to do a Q&A on both nights.

http://subwaycinema.com/nyaff10/films/schedule.php

Just saw Subway Cinema's schedule and Bruce Leung will be appearing when Gallants plays at the NYAFF on July 6 and 8 to do a Q&A on both nights.

http://subwaycinema.com/nyaff10/films/schedule.php

He's scheduled to be in Montreal, too. There are other potential guests, but it's hard to say if they'll be able to come - some don't like the long flight, others have commitments. I've been hesitant to mention anything about Bruce in MTL because of how many last minute cancellations I've seen. I hope it happens!

I would go to a show if they were playing anywhere near San Francisco. Google's only giving me results for Asian American Film Festivals though-AND I HATE ASIAN AMERICAN MEDIA!!! Or at least I did when it was all Amy Tan and girls pretending to be Amy Tan. :crossedlips:unts, the lot of em.

Mandarin rip is now available online! I'm getting more anxious for the real thing.

NEEDS ENGLISH SUB FILE ADDED...anyone know where to find one?

emeraldforest

still not available at any of Toronto's Chinatown or Pacific Mall dvd shops, i ask every week! :sad:

maybe if we all pitch in 2000 Dollars,lol :wink:

I just checked subscene. They only have subs in "big 5 code" whatever that is

I just saw this. Wow, what a blast!! I'm going to do a write up about it and maybe talk to Bruce Leung. Gallants kicks major ass. Two thumbs up!

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB

Hey all you NYC members- I'm taking my son to the NYAFF to see GALLANTS tomorrow. I'm a big dude with a beard and long hair. If you're there, come on over and introduce yourself. Hope to see some fellow KFCers there! :bigsmile:

Bruce Liang in person! :nerd:

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB
I think you'll like Gallants, Bob!

Yeah? I'm psyched! My son isn't a huge fan of the kung fu genre, but he seems to really enjoy what he's seen. So I'm kind of hoping this might be the movie that makes him a big fan. Either way it'll be fun. Plus, my sister is meeting us there too. Shame my wife has to work, as I wanted to bring her along too.

Monk Sante
Hey all you NYC members- I'm taking my son to the NYAFF to see GALLANTS tomorrow. I'm a big dude with a beard and long hair. If you're there, come on over and introduce yourself. Hope to see some fellow KFCers there! :bigsmile:

Bruce Liang in person! :nerd:

Bob, I'll be there tomorrow as well! :xd:

Hope you all enjoy the experience.

Anybody going to try to get some autographs? I would be greatful for one if anybody is planning to..

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB
Bob, I'll be there tomorrow as well! :xd:

Cool, I look forwarding to meeting you bro. :wink:

Hope you all enjoy the experience.

Anybody going to try to get some autographs? I would be greatful for one if anybody is planning to..

I'm going to try, though it'll be kind of a longshot. :nerd:

Thank you for your consideration sir. Anyway, look forward to hearing about it. Wish they had events like this down here, but nothing..

The Amazing Psycho Per

Pfff... I'm sure it sucks big time...

Seriously, I'm trying to convince myself since it seems it's one of the only movies I wanted to see this year at Fantasia that I'm going to miss... I heard so many good things about it, even seen it compared to Shaolin Soccer in terms of how good it is. I'm pissed :khi1a:

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB

Counting down...T-minus 8 hours and counting... until I'm in the presence of "The Beast"... the "Incredible Master Beggar"... master of Kung Fu 12 Kicks... :nerd:

Yeah, I'm just a tiny bit geeked about this. :xd: LOL

Watched KUNG FU HUSTLE again last night. Damn that movie is awesome! :bigsmile:

Counting down...T-minus 8 hours and counting... until I'm in the presence of "The Beast"... the "Incredible Master Beggar"... master of Kung Fu 12 Kicks... :nerd:

Yeah, I'm just a tiny bit geeked about this. :xd: LOL

Watched KUNG FU HUSTLE again last night. Damn that movie is awesome! :bigsmile:

So excited for you Bob!! Hope you have a great time and yeah Kung Fu Hustle is one awesome flick!!

Kung Fu Bob and everyone else attending, hope you all have a good time there and look forward to reading your reviews about the event.

Monk Sante
Kung Fu Bob and everyone else attending, hope you all have a good time there and look forward to reading your reviews about the event.

Gallants is a Kung Fu classic in my book! And yeah, got to meet the one and only 'Kung Fu BOB"!...........Oh and I almost forgot Bruce Leung! :tongue::xd::nerd:

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB

Just got home after dropping off everybody. The experience was great, the movie was terrific, Bruce Leung was very cool, and shined like a kung fu sun in this movie! :bigsmile:

Monk Sante- great to meet you! Though I wish we'd had some time to talk for a bit. (He's much taller than his avatar would suggest. :wink:)

I did manage to score an autograph! :nerd: I'm sorry Bengs- couldn't manage to get a second one for you. :squigglemouth:

And... took a bunch of pics. I'll post them tomorrow though, and give all you kung fu brothers and sisters some spoiler-free thoughts on the film too. I didn't really sleep last night, so at this point- 3:00 AM- I'm completely exausted. :smile:

And... took a bunch of pics. I'll post them tomorrow though, and give all you kung fu brothers and sisters some spoiler-free thoughts on the film too. I didn't really sleep last night, so at this point- 3:00 AM- I'm completely exausted. :smile:

Sleeeeep? No time for sleep!

Photos-photos-photos!!! :tongue:

Hi Guys,

I got home from the Ip Man 2 screening last night at 4:30 am. that was wild! The Fantasia afterparty was awesome, and I got to talk with one of the co-directors of Gallants, Clement Cheng, about the film and HK cinema in general. He was at the Ip Man screening. I thought Gallants was great, and I'm working on a review/article abut the film. Clement is very down to earth, and extremely appreciative of the positive press & comments about the film. One after the other, film critics were coming by to say how much the enjoyed the movie. A humble guy, he was beaming and eager to talk with fans & press. One of the things that surprised me was hearing that Gallants was shot in only 18 days! The shooting conditions were tough also in that the weather in HK made this heatwave look like fall in Montreal. I'm going to talk to him again, and hopefully with Bruce Leung, and do a write up of the film. Clement Cheng just wrapped up another film with a starlet of old school HK films. I'll see if it's cool to give out more details about that. I think people will be impressed!

Most important of all - Gallants will be screening at the Montreal Fantasia Festival on Saturday at 6:30 at Concordia's Hall theater, 1455 de Maisonneuve W. It will also be showing on Sunday at 12:30 pm at the J.A. DeSeve theater, 1400 de Maisonneuve W. On Saturday, Bruce Leung will be presented with a lifetime achievement award, please come on out & support Gallants!