Gallants (2010)

BLfan

Leung Siu-Lung, Chen Kwan-Tai, and Lo Meng...looks like a old school kung fu Original Gangstas! Looks promising.

Drunken Monk

I wasn't overly impressed with the trailer but the names associated with the film has got me very interested in how it will play out.

i watch new martial arts movies but iam not excited about them in the waiting process but this one actually has me amped a proper homage to the kung fu genre without taking the piss out of it, and to have characters names come up in chinese when the actors appear is just golden.

that trailer just increased my anticipation significantly.. Chen Kuan Tai, Chan Wai Man, Bruce Leung.. that is already a classic for the year

Even though Jin's career in America failed because he's corny and can't make good songs, he's a lot better at rapping in Chinese than I thought he would be.

mrnicejai

^ Jin's got talent when it comes to freestyle battles but his mainstream english works are pretty bad. In the U.S. he got no real support probably due to nobody really taking a Chinese rapper seriously. He was just a small fish in a big pond and was basically a bit of a novelty being Chinese... but in H.K. he can be a big fish in a small pond since hip hop and rap are practically nonexistant there. I'm glad he made the move because he will have much more of an impact in shaping their music industry over there than back in the States.

This looks HOT! I didn't know Jin was in it. I know his fiance and met him many times. Cool guy! Looking forward to this one!

Drunken Monk

I am, too, surprised that Jin is in this film. Maybe he's branching out because of the fact his rap career never really got off the ground.

daisho2004

Has this been released yet? It kinda reminds me of the classic 70's M.A. movies with a Kung-Fu Hustle comedy to it as well.

Morgoth Bauglir

Wow this looks good! I can’t believe I missed this thread. Bruce Leung kind of looks like the grown up version of his character in Invincible Kung Fu.

It is going to be very hard to wait for this to get on DVD.

I just got confirmation that Gallants will be showing at the Fantasia Film Festival. It will also be screening at the NY Asian Film Festival. There's an outside chance that some guests will be coming as well.