Martial Arts Essentials volume 7 review

Morgoth Bauglir

Morgoth Bauglir

-

Fearless Young Boxer aka Avenging Boxer- running time- 93:16 Full screen, in English, good pic quality.

Hitman in the Hand of Buddha- 81:32 FS, in Korean with subs. More info on the Korean version can be found here- http://www.hkflix.com/xq/asp/filmID.534970/rtype.1/qx/reviews.htm

Legend of a Fighter aka Secret Master- 88:26 FS, in English, with subs for Chinese signs and other writings, very good pic quality.

Ring of Death- 86:21 FS, in English, very good pic quality.

Dragon Squad aka Four Real Friends- 81:41 widescreen 1.85:1, in English, very good pic quality.

Mission Kiss and Kill- 88:39 FS, in English. A little better than decent pic quality. Still dark in the same places as the Xenon VHS and colors aren’t anything to get excited about, but it looks a lot cleaner than the VHS. Actually the VHS has better colors and is brighter, but I like the DVD more because of how clean it looks. Not 100% clean, but it’s an upgrade IMO from the VHS. The dark print would be a problem for me, but when turning the brightness up all the way on my TV, it looks fine. I’m not too picky. I've noticed that most movies in the recent Videoasia multipacks seem to be darker than the DVD or VHS versions they come from. But on the positive side, they are cleaned up nicely, or at least a lot of them are. 5 out of 6 in this pack.

A couple other minor notes-

I didn’t notice any pixelation problems, except Four Real Friends which has about 2 seconds of pixelation. About 1 second at the start and 1 towards the end. Fearless Young Boxer I don't rate "very" good pic quality because the picture isn't as sharp as the ones I rate very good.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Legend of a Fighter aka Secret Master- 88:26 FS, in English, with subs for Chinese signs and other writings, very good pic quality.

Is this the one with Beardy? I've been wanting to get a decent copy of that one.

I got the HKL version of Legend of a Fighter, great flick, I love the dubbing. I was laughing out loud at some of the cussing, hilarious stuff.

kungfusamurai

I'm surprised Mission Kiss & Kill has taken so long to get onto DVD, and it's by the same guy who put out the VHS version, so I'm guessing he used the same source material. Even though it's the same director who did Shaolin Vs Lama, I guess there hasn't been much interest in this title which I thought was above average.

KFS

Archived