Hong Kong Godfather has arrived!!!

gfanikf

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cool review! I'm surprised by the lack of a Mandarin soundtrack, but I guess it isn't the end of the world.

Thanks!

Regarding the soundtrack, I can't imagine that movie made in 1985 was intended to be in Mandarin.

Thanks!

Regarding the soundtrack, I can't imagine that movie made in 1985 was intended to be in Mandarin.

For sure. I like all the recorded material for a film to be included in the DVD, though. It's like how people like seeing the original trailer & lobbies. I'm a nerdy completist!

For sure. I like all the recorded material for a film to be included in the DVD, though. It's like how people like seeing the original trailer & lobbies. I'm a nerdy completist!

Oh that's fine, I just thought you meant that it may have been the "original" track. I was hoping a dub might turn up for the film, but no luck there.

Here is a preview cap for everyone since I couldn't post the whole article...I think it will get your attention! ;)

CutScene7.png?t=1271100192

Shaolin Patriot

CutScene7.png?t=1271100192

Richard Harrison, from Boxer Rebellion to censorship poster boy! :) Looking forward to picking this one up!

Morgoth Bauglir

Nice gfanikf! I wish you didn't have this DVD quite yet. You have me way too overexcited to get it!!!!

OldPangYau I check at Suncoast for this DVD today. And, well, :sad::frown::tinysmile_angry2_t::mad::yociexp33::laluot_14:

OldPangYau I check at Suncoast for this DVD today. And, well, :sad::frown::tinysmile_angry2_t::mad::yociexp33::laluot_14:

Hmm, perhaps next week may be slightly more realistic?

CDWOW must have got copies early. Mine's been dispatched.

Edit: Perhaps not. Just got a followup email saying it wasn't in stock after all.

Edit: Perhaps not. Just got a followup email saying it wasn't in stock after all.
Got a despatch notice from them this morning.

Got a despatch notice from them this morning.

They emailed me back and confirmed that mine indeed did ship out.

I picked this up today at FYE. They had one copy in the DRAMA section.

My local Best Buy did not carry it!! :tinysmile_angry2_t:

I picked this up today at FYE. They had one copy in the DRAMA section.

My local Best Buy did not carry it!! :tinysmile_angry2_t:

The FYE I went to did the same damn thing!!! Just because it has "Godfather" in the title, doesn't automatically make it a drama! Then again, inexplicably, Funimation's Opium and the Kung Fu Master was under drama too :squigglemouth:

Oh well, it was nice to see a proper 24p transfer this time around though.

Omni Dragon
The FYE I went to did the same damn thing!!! Just because it has "Godfather" in the title, doesn't automatically make it a drama! Then again, inexplicably, Funimation's Opium and the Kung Fu Master was under drama too :squigglemouth:

":squigglemouth:" over the fact Shaw films in the wrong section

would be nice over here if i could walk into a shop & they would have 1 Shaw ive only seen a Shaw once in a shop but it was 7 Golden Vampires 'A Hammer/Shaw' but still that amazed me.

Nice to hear that the transfer is proper and solid this time around.

I can't wait to watch this today!!

Morgoth Bauglir

I'm 100% satisfied with this DVD:smile: I'm very relieved to see that there's no blur.

Not a great movie, but still decent and not hard to sit through while waiting for the spectacular finale.

Wow loved this movie!!

As for the DVD I was blown away by the transfer I thought it looked great on my LCD TV. Crystal clear and un-cut totally awesome.

One of the bloodiest Shaw Brothers movie I have seen!! The end sequence was totally crazy!!

Archived