Hwang Jang Lee’s baddest ass “moment” on screen?

Morgoth Bauglir

Morgoth Bauglir

lxZfBdrrkiU&feature=related

From 10:12-10:30. He shows complete disrespect to the monk, and when the other monks charge at him, he doesn’t even flinch. This scene never gets old for me.

What is your favorite moment from Hwang?

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
prinnysquad

I watched Hell's Windstaff recently and he's such a hard nut in that last scene in the woods. At one stage it looks like he just cannot be beaten! When he's nailing the lads with the Devil Stick, and then his triple whammy kick on the students and their teacher, wow!

I love that bit when he's killed the teacher, and the camera gets right up close to one of the lads holding onto the body of their fallen master, shouting, "Teacher! Teacher!" and inbetween them, in the background you can see HJL mercilessly kicking the crap out of the other student (about 7.40 onwards). It's a really well framed shot.

7Z0wK3kA1Ac

BlackLamaFaction

Heroes of the Wild i think.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUWAQPAZ3YU&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUWAQPAZ3YU&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

The Kicks were bad ass until Lo Leigh had to sneak him. Especially in his first fight with Cheng Sing.

thundered mantis

Hitman In Hands of Buddha. At the end, when he´s advancing to meet three foes, and none of them is brave enough to face his wrath

kungfusamurai

They're all really good, but this one gets top marks for being so unexpected. It was at the beginning of his Art of High Impact Kicking instructional film. The poor guy is trying to lock up his expensive ride, and these thugs try to mess with him. The music really is the icing on the cake, bad-ass funky!!

g66j2A3dt3Y

KFS

Morgoth Bauglir

Good stuff here. Keep em comin.

Another one of my favorite moments is in 36 Deadly styles. The camera angle helps his badassness here a bit, but when fighting Mau Ging Shun, he jumps over him and kicks him in the back.:eek:

The part in Dragon Claws where he's fighting those two men and grabs them by their armpits (or was it chest?) and makes them piss themselves before dying. Wow.

The clip in the original posting was good as well, I think I saw that in JoseBronxRican's Bad Kung Fu Dub compilation a while back. Funny how Hwang gets on his tip toes when he's being introduced,lol.

Drunken Monk

I don't think we can discount his onslaught in "Hitman in the Hand of Buddha." The way Tino Wong tries to usher his henchmen forward out of pure fear. Classic stuff!

rSXcXqyEZEk

Morgoth Bauglir

Dragon Lee licking the bottom of Hwang’s shoe in Martial Monks of the Shaolin Temple. Probably Hwang’s cheesiest badass moment on screen. Man I hope they at least cleaned the bottom of that shoe before he had to lick it.

Guest WuxiaFan
The un-cut opening fight sequence of Drunken Master!

Dragon - which version is this? I didn't know the opening fight sequence was cut? :ooh:

Dragon - which version is this? I didn't know the opening fight sequence was cut? :ooh:

Ditto, what does he mean?

I have the uncut Panmedia boot of the movie, it's the same scene as the US release. :angel:

Archived