The Great Debate: Does "Fist of Unicorn" deserve a SERIOUS remastering?

Fang Shih-yu

The village is called Wong Nai Chau village, in the New Territories, Kowloon.

Back then it was just Nai Chau Village.

As far as I know, no-one lives there now, it's just ruins and the land has been earmarked for development.

I'm looking for pics of it online but so far, no luck!

Hope that helps, Yi-Long!

:bigsmile:

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Yi-Long
The village is called Wong Nai Chau village, in the New Territories, Kowloon.

Back then it was just Nai Chau Village.

As far as I know, no-one lives there now, it's just ruins and the land has been earmarked for development.

I'm looking for pics of it online but so far, no luck!

Hope that helps, Yi-Long!

:bigsmile:

Thanks man, I'll Google Earth it and maybe if we did visit it, I might have some pictures of it :)

Edit: Google earth just shows an island with pretty much 1 big house and nothing else. Is that right!?

Thanks man, I'll Google Earth it and maybe if we did visit it, I might have some pictures of it :)

Edit: Google earth just shows an island with pretty much 1 big house and nothing else. Is that right!?

That could be it, yes! There's only one totally ruined old house standing there now - in fact, it's the house my buddy grew up in!

I've been looking for a picture from Fist of Unicorn - think Bruce is in it - where there's people stood on pebbles, by a very small stream.

This is just at the entrance to the village - although a lot of the pebbles have, over time, been submerged by the stream.

Guest Yi-Long

Looks like an interesting place to visit. Is it open for hikers and such!? Maybe next time I'm in Hong Kong I could visit that place. :)

Gawd, Hong Kong just keeps on surprising me with each new visit.

Looks like an interesting place to visit. Is it open for hikers and such!? Maybe next time I'm in Hong Kong I could visit that place. :)

Gawd, Hong Kong just keeps on surprising me with each new visit.

Yes, it's totally open - BUT the village seems to have a few stray dogs and these are not friendly! :tinysmile_angry2_t:

I'd certainly recommend having a look at the place just at the entrance, though!

kungfusamurai

I've never actually sat down to watch this, even though I've had the DVD for a while (Video Asia). I didn't realize it was the first Bruceploitation, not just because it used Bruce's unauthorized image, but they had a body double pretending to be Bruce Lee. At least, that's what I gathered from watching a clip on youtube.

KFS

Killer Meteor

I wonder: was the pre-credits scene where Unicorn trains with "Bruce" ever coherent? In the English version, its a weird hodgepodge of poorly framed, almost ghostly shots of Bruce, the double jumping around, and Unicorn speaking with Chinese/English subs. They must have synced it to something but the visuals are very misplaced

Killer Meteor
I wonder: was the pre-credits scene where Unicorn trains with "Bruce" ever coherent? In the English version, its a weird hodgepodge of poorly framed, almost ghostly shots of Bruce, the double jumping around, and Unicorn speaking with Chinese/English subs. They must have synced it to something but the visuals are very misplaced

Thought I'd ask again lol

Thought I'd ask again lol

"Don't you understand what we're trying to say?... Stop meddling, otherwise you're going to be sorry!"

:wink:

Archived