Need info on KWTGA out of order scene ASAP

gfanikf

Can anyone provide me with the exact time codes of the alleged out of order reel for KWTGA on the remastered DVD and where it should be at?

I need the exact times not just the description that appeared when in the thread when the DVD first came out.

Also if anyone saw the movie in theaters or via a cam job and can confirm the scene is out of order can they please post that.

I need this info ASAP. Sorry to sound short, but I'm typing this on an iPhone on a train.

Thanks

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Shaolin Patriot

Per the IVL version:

(1) As a diversion, Brass Head is fighting with the security team assigned to deliver the gold. While doing so, Iron Fan steals the gold.

(2) One of the Golden Arm henchmen announces to Brass Head that Iron Fan just sent up a signal (flare). Timecode: 0:20:47

(3) Later, Iron Fan's cart breaks down on the road, while carrying the gold, and he needs to send up a signal to alert the Golden Arm clan. Timecode: 0:23:26

The discrepancy is that the announcement is made before the cart breaks down instead of afterwards. I can only confirm this from an original VHS copy (taken from a full frame TV version). Unfortunately, I did not see the film theatrically.

I'm sure Media Blasters can verify my timecodes against the video master. Hopefully this information isn't too late, as I've just seen the posting a moment ago. Hope it helps!

Shaolin Patriot

gfanikf - did my timecodes & scene descriptions reach you in time for MB? I hope that they can make the edit.

You guys realize that was the original edit from Shaw Bros right? There was a fight and then we see how the flare happened.

It's a moot point now. Interesting to see how it plays out.

I think the original master (SHAW) should clear it up, but no one has been able to refer to it.

My question then is what are they mastering from?

Archived