Has anyone ever heard a British English Shaws dub?

gfanikf

Linn mentioned that LWOC had a release where the dub was different than the normal release, with one being a British dub and another being an English dub.

I recall Venomchamber posting a Shaws rental ad mentioning their films were available in (among other languages) American English and British English. Has anyone ever seen (well heard) a British English dub of a Shaw film? I was wondering what are the differences (slang?), because it's not like the dubbers didn't sound British in the first place. I can only imagine it sounded like the dub for Shaolin Drunken Monk, which sounds extremely British (and is full of slang and guys who sound like 19th century dockworkers).

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Killer Meteor
Linn mentioned that LWOC had a release where the dub was different than the normal release, with one being a British dub and another being an English dub.

I recall Venomchamber posting a Shaws rental ad mentioning their films were available in (among other languages) American English and British English. Has anyone ever seen (well heard) a British English dub of a Shaw film? I was wondering what are the differences (slang?), because it's not like the dubbers didn't sound British in the first place. I can only imagine it sounded like the dub for Shaolin Drunken Monk, which sounds extremely British (and is full of slang and guys who sound like 19th century dockworkers).

The "extremeley" british ones were done by Vaughn Savidge, who now works for the BBC!

Isn't Legendary Weapons one with those really sissy dubbers?

The "extremeley" british ones were done by Vaughn Savidge, who now works for the BBC!

Isn't Legendary Weapons one with those really sissy dubbers?

I've never seen the dub for LWOC.

Even if a movie is dull or boring one of those Savidge dubs ensures at least some enjoyment for the viewer.

Maybe it was just another way of referring to them?

A dub exported by Shaws generally voiced by a British crew, whilst an American dub was created by the studios in that country (if they felt it wasn't good enough)?

Just a suggestion - could be true.

Maybe it was just another way of referring to them?

A dub exported by Shaws generally voiced by a British crew, whilst an American dub was created by the studios in that country (if they felt it wasn't good enough)?

Just a suggestion - could be true.

It's pretty much like the situation with The Big Boss. It was originally dubbed by the British voice actors, yet the final dub was created with American voice actors. Don't know about any similar situations with the SB films though.

Killer Meteor

I've just found a clip of her on youtube but i can't place her voice with any shaws.

Who did Vaughan Savidge dub in the Shaws?

I've just found a clip of her on youtube but i can't place her voice with any shaws.

Who did Vaughan Savidge dub in the Shaws?

Well I think dubbing is sort of acting so when one lends their voice I don't think they would speak as they naturally do in real life but rather try to portray the character on screen :smile:

Archived