Legendary Weapons of China IMAGE dvd Problem

Buffdaddy1974

Buffdaddy1974

Hi guys, I recently imported the Legendary Heroes 4 dvd set by IMAGE to UK from USA, anyway upon watching it i noticed a problem going from end of chapter 12 to 13, Just as 13 starts there is a freeze and 4 times out of 5 my dvd will jump to chapter 14 bypassing 13 altogether,

The exact part is where Hsiao Ho is at the wall shrine and then Liu Chia Liang walks into the room, it does it on 3 different DVD players, But there appears to be no defect to the eye on the DVD,

As i said i imported the dvd so cant be bothered with trying to get replacement, But if i know it is a common problem i wont bother rebuying the single dvd again, if not then will probably import the single dvd version again

Hope ive been as detailed as needed, also note, i made a back up to see what happens and it plays fine!!

All input would be appreciated guys

Great film by the way, Really enjoyed it!

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Buffdaddy1974

Hi, I think i may have gotten a bad disc, Hopefully the other 3 dvds in the set are ok, thats the One problem about imports i guess, you cant send them back very easily.

I will purchase the single dvd again then, chances of getting 2 dodgy discs should be mighty slim,

Cheers for reply

The Silver Fox

Without knowing any details about from whom or where you bought the set, I still think it would be worth it to contact the seller and see if they will send a replacement disc.

Buffdaddy1974
Without knowing any details about from whom or where you bought the set, I still think it would be worth it to contact the seller and see if they will send a replacement disc.

Hi Silver Fox, I would normally, but by the time ive returned defective disc and packaging i may as well just import another one, Im in UK and the Seller is US based so not worth it for just 1 DVD especially considering this was part of a 4 DVD set (Legendary Heroes)

The biggest problem with the DVD is that it's utter shite.

No original language, bad PAL conversion.

Cheers Mark, I Have also since got hold of an IVL version too , I believe this contains the Original Language.

I didn't realize it only had one language track. Although it sucks I'm sure its a step up from the old Ground Zero release, I had that one and it was total bollocks.

Doesn't the IVL release have a horrible remix for the audio tracks? I think I remember reading somewhere that it has added sound effects (birds chirping and such) and it was unbearable.

Doesn't the IVL release have a horrible remix for the audio tracks? I think I remember reading somewhere that it has added sound effects (birds chirping and such) and it was unbearable.

Yep.

Ironically, the best release then, would be the IVL VCD - no conversion issues, Cantonese mono and bigger subtitles:bigsmile:. I'd recommend adding subtitles to the French DVD though, as it isn't VCD:tongue:!

the VCD is PAL<>NTSC, like all their VCDs.

Really? I thought they would be PAL.

Oh well - doesn't matter, as French disc with subtitles is better! Of course, if you like the English dub, that's another issue (unless you sync it up with another PAL source).

Archived