Bruce Lee lost footage

MG Lerox

Fang Shih-yu
I have a number of Blondie episodes, including an unaired episiode. I also have original press materials and there is potential to put a book together but I would like to locate the episodes I don't have. Besides, who would buy such a book? I am also in irregular touch with Patricia Harty and Will Hutchins, who played Blondie and Dagood. Blondie's mailman, Bryan O'Byrne recently passed away. He took lots of candid photo's on the set, but wasn't working on the day Bruce Lee was. He knew Bruce Lee socially and also coached Brandon Lee early on in his acting career.

Wow! A potential book on the latter-day "Blondie" show? That'd be some interesting book to read, especially with a section on Bruce's appearance. Short-lived TV shows (a season's worth of episodes or less, a season's length depending on the year it came out) interest me a bit!...There are an array of small publishing companies (Lulu comes to mind) that could publish such a book, or you would pay to publish it yourself. (You may know that already!) Many around here would certainly like to read an article that covered Bruce's "Blondie" appearance, if there's enough material for such a thing!:bigsmile:

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
johnoverall
Wow! A potential book on the latter-day "Blondie" show? That'd be some interesting book to read, especially with a section on Bruce's appearance. Short-lived TV shows (a season's worth of episodes or less, a season's length depending on the year it came out) interest me a bit!...There are an array of small publishing companies (Lulu comes to mind) that could publish such a book, or you would pay to publish it yourself. (You may know that already!) Many around here would certainly like to read an article that covered Bruce's "Blondie" appearance, if there's enough material for such a thing!:bigsmile:

I've been self-publishing since 1991; fanzines, magazines and then books. There's a section on Blondie in my Bruce Lee Review book, edited versions of which can be found in old issues of Jade Screen The Hong Kong Movie Magazine and Spanish fan magazine Bruce Lee Mania.

VenomsFan

Everyone needs to realize that because the Estate holds eternal rghts to the image of Bruce Lee, they have the final and legal obligation to withhold releases of said footage. It is pretty much the discretion of Linda Lee Caldwell.

So even if an official release of Rare Footage was a question by any distributor the Estate cuts it short and does not let it happen. I personally was in contact with the estate and pre Warrior's Journey with Warner Brothers and Linda in many ways conveyed this personally to me.

Archived