korean posters

nicklord1

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Know a few Korean sites but you wont be able to order from them unless your address is in Korea or maybe if you speak Korean or have a Korean i.d. card ... so that's pretty much useless. Like Rolls said, you'll have to rely on the other English sites out there but their prices are a bit high indeed.

Yang Wu Liang

I'd becareful what you buy from that Movie Goods site. A lot of their 'posters' are just taken from the DVD covers I made for Ray's 'Shaolin Chamber 36' site and as such are not actually the movie posters at all.

For example I knocked up the Buddha Assassinator cover from lobby cards to make a DVD cover and it's now on there as a 'Hong Kong style A poster'. Another example is 'Convict Killer' which is actually a thai poster combined with the chinese poster (I don't like thai writing on my dvd covers!) which is also advertised as a 'Hong Kong style A poster'. There are others that I had to change more subtley which aren't immediately noticeable at a glance.

If you want 'original' posters I'd advise against going there, most of their posters seem ok but for some of them you'd save $20 by going to Ray's site and downloading / printing the images yourself!

Guest WuxiaFan
I'd becareful what you buy from that Movie Goods site. A lot of their 'posters' are just taken from the DVD covers I made for Ray's 'Shaolin Chamber 36' site and as such are not actually the movie posters at all.

For example I knocked up the Buddha Assassinator cover from lobby cards to make a DVD cover and it's now on there as a 'Hong Kong style A poster'. Another example is 'Convict Killer' which is actually a thai poster combined with the chinese poster (I don't like thai writing on my dvd covers!) which is also advertised as a 'Hong Kong style A poster'. There are others that I had to change more subtley which aren't immediately noticeable at a glance.

If you want 'original' posters I'd advise against going there, most of their posters seem ok but for some of them you'd save $20 by going to Ray's site and downloading / printing the images yourself!

YWL - thanks for clarifying! I didn't know that. I've only ordered a couple of posters from them when they were on ebay. I did state that they are reprints, but I would agree, use some common sense if you order from them.

YWL - thanks for clarifying! I didn't know that. I've only ordered a couple of posters from them when they were on ebay. I did state that they are reprints, but I would agree, use some common sense if you order from them.

I always wonder what quality they can deliver if their sources are (obviously) DVD covers, lobby cards and the lot, which are often rather small.

Wouldn't ever use them though. You can usually find the originals of their reprints somewhere and they've been spamming my eBay searches for years *grml*

@LeRolls: asiandb & koreapop are the same shop ...

Archived