Deadend of the Besiegers *****

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

What a great movie. Luv this one!

Saw it for the second time last night.

A few questions:

1. Speaking of Derek Yee: Was he the traitor in this movie?

Sure looked like him, a little older and a little more weight to his face.

2. Who played the good Japanese, was that Raymond Liu?

3. Is this a mainland China flix?

4. Cynthia Khan was terrific with her "DOG FIST" technique.

5. What other CLASSIC style kung fu movie was she in?

6. The Pirate leader is he not the great villain who was in Shaolin Temlble with Jet Li?

Thanks,

GD Y-Y

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Markgway

1. Speaking of Derek Yee: Was he the traitor in this movie?

No.

2. Who played the good Japanese, was that Raymond Liu?

Yu Rong-Guang.

3. Is this a mainland China flix?

HK production filmed on the Mainland.

5. What other CLASSIC style kung fu movie was she in?

Blade of Fury.

6. The Pirate leader is he not the great villain who was in Shaolin Temlble with Jet Li?

Yes..

Didn't watch for a very very long time but I believe the original VCD from HK was wide.

Thanks for the answer, I appreciate it. I'll have to look for that one. I have the World Video fullscreen DVD and it's better than nothing, but I'd love to see it in widescreen.

Little trivia on the film:

The "gwailo" fighter that Yu Rong Guang fights in a brief scene is former world kickboxing champion Dale "Apollo" Cook. He and Cynthia would star in another film together, ETERNAL FIST (FIST OF STEEL). Cook would go on to star in Davian International pictures, including AMERICAN KICKBOXER 2, RAW TARGET, and DOUBLE BLAST.

He currently runs Apollo's Karate School in Tulsa, Oklahoma (his hometown) and is the coach of the Oklahoma Destroyers of the World Combat League.

Little trivia on the film:

The "gwailo" fighter that Yu Rong Guang fights in a brief scene is former world kickboxing champion Dale "Apollo" Cook. He and Cynthia would star in another film together, ETERNAL FIST (FIST OF STEEL). Cook would go on to star in Davian International pictures, including AMERICAN KICKBOXER 2, RAW TARGET, and DOUBLE BLAST.

He currently runs Apollo's Karate School in Tulsa, Oklahoma (his hometown) and is the coach of the Oklahoma Destroyers of the World Combat League.

Thanks for the info, AlbertV :bigsmile:

I wonder if he still has the outfit that he was wearing during the fight. It was awful. :tongue:

Archived