Fist of Fury 2 - new fan project

bruceleeclones

bruceleeclones

Will be fully uncut, fully widescreen, and featuring both Mandarin and English dub soundtracks. What I really need is a mandarin speaker who is willing to translate the mandarin into English subtitles. The mandarin sound quality does need some adjusting. Posted a clip from the project on Youtube. Quality of Youtube isnt that great, but gives an idea of the project. Maybe if someone wants to write out the english dubbed script, then a mandarin speaker could use that as a starting point to translate into more accurate subtitles. Anyone who gets involved with the project will recieve a copy when complete.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would suggest having the translator work from the raw mandarin without the english dub. PM member Jamal about this. His translator & custom dvd's are top notch!

Looks great! I'm glad you managed to secure a Mandarin soundtrack. Of course, I have the UK DVD (I remember my brother accidentally crushed the VHS we borrowed from a friend!).

The only thing I'm wary about is the blending on that YouTube clip, but perhaps that won't be on the final DVD :).

bruceleeclones

yeah it's a PAL source, could be a setting in the editing software causing the blending, the original source isn't like that. I synced with the mandarin print frame by frame, so thought the sync would be correct, unless the original source was slightly out maybe. will sort it for the final version. Still need a mandarin speaker to help with the subs, dont really want to have dubtitles!

. Still need a mandarin speaker to help with the subs, dont really want to have dubtitles!

Jamal, who does many dvds, has a translator working with him. You should email/pm him to see if he can hook you up.

yeah it's a PAL source, could be a setting in the editing software causing the blending, the original source isn't like that. I synced with the mandarin print frame by frame, so thought the sync would be correct, unless the original source was slightly out maybe. will sort it for the final version. Still need a mandarin speaker to help with the subs, dont really want to have dubtitles!

YouTube can indeed sometime cock-up the audio sync up depending on the video source. And yeah, if the original source is PAL, there would be no blending. Just make sure the final DVD is PAL as well. If you want, I can help with the "NTSC localization" if you'd like :wink:

bruceleeclones

Anyone got any original asian material for Fist of Fury 2? Ive got the HK poster, it's mostly any lobbys or chinese film mag scans i want.

bruceleeclones

I'm still looking for a mandarin speaker to help with this project, please get in touch if your interested. The video and audio is cleaned up and synced, just need to find someone to help with the translation to subtitles.

Archived