What do you think of these mainland flicks?

fiol

The first one is Vicious Passageway (1990)

The second one is Chinese Policewoman (1990) (Trailer Here)

The third one is Taekwondo (2003) (Trailer Here)

i bought all of them but i'd like to have some comments if any of you have seen these movies.

tonight i might watch Chinese Policewoman.. and then i will post my impression here.

cheers :nerd:

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

last night we watched "Chinese Police Woman":

immagine1k.jpg

it's not a pure martial arts/action movie, it's more a window on the police world in china where women are equal to men.

They show the heavy training and also what they have to lose to get there (from long haired women to short haired women, and u know how asian girls care about their hairs..).

Some great martial arts scenes both with women and men.

There are some political aspects but nothing that ruins the movie.

Taekwondo (跆拳道)(2003)

51ERhFVjWmL._AA200_.jpg

Dir:

Sai Fu || Lisi Mai

Cast:

Tao Hung || Wu Di || Han Qing || Yu Cheng Hui

Watched last night... it's a pretty good movie about Taekwondo and deep friendship between the two main characters. The fighting scenes are pretty well made thx to the Taekwondo supervisor since no one of the two female leads are real Taekwondo players, but they did a great job during the trainings (damn tough) as well as in the matches. There isnt only Taekwondo as martial arts but Wushu too since during their childhood they practiced Wushu in their own old village, and the Sifu was Yu Cheng Hui ( Shaolin Temple,Kids from Shaolin); one of the best looking scene was the one where the two children train themself with their Sifu on the entire iced lake :bigsmile:

Friendship and martial arts..... enjoy it!

6.5-7/10

__57.jpg

I came across some information regarding this Mainland China film starring Tao Hong, Wu Di, and Mao Lisi. It has to do with two best friends (Tao and Wu) who study taekwondo. When one (Wu) is seriously injured, the other (Tao) competes against all odds to qualify for the Olympics. Something along the lines of that. Yu Cheng Hui from the SHAOLIN TEMPLE films costars as the kung fu teacher of the girls, who start learning kung fu but then learn taekwondo.

Trailer:

SSkwADNhkF8

Archived