Derik Yee's best?

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

In Boston in 1983 I saw:

Descendant of the Sun.

Of course Derik Yee is in this one.

I watched it again last night for the first time since then.

This movie is at the end of Shaw Brothers magnificent rein.

2.5 is all I can muster up for this movie.

Although you can see Shaw Brothers anticipating the up and coming film industry's revolution in technology in special effects.

I did not much care for this movie for reasons I won't explain.

In Derik Yee's short time at Shaw Brothers what were his greatest films in your opinions.

I am sure I have seen most of his films.

And BTW he is know doubt top notch in ALL respects in my book..

Derik Yee is a Shaw Brother's legend.

GD Y-Y

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know that I have that many of his movies, but the one that stands out for me as a favorite is Death Duel.

I have yet to see 'Supreme Swordsman' myself but by the look of this clip I think it rocks.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7da1zEiAzOg&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7da1zEiAzOg&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Morgoth Bauglir

Shaolin Prince is my favorite performance from Yee. He shows some really good sword skills there. Also the guy who English dubs him is hilarious. “Have you gone crazy in the head or something?”

vengeanceofhumanlanterns

Definitely Shaolin Intruders, but there are a few more like, Legend Of The Bat. I never appreciated Derek Yee as a lead. He does add to films as a supporting actor, imo. I can't remember Death Duel, but I thought he did well there, also there is another film where he is Ku Feng's right hand villian, Return Of The Sentimental Swordsman???

Hands down for me, it's Death Duel.

Not only do I think it's Yee's best, I also think it's amongst the very best of the Shaw's swordplay films.

Descendent of the Sun I hated - wasn't it written as a sort of kung fu knock off of Superman?

Guest maskedavenger

Derik Yee is a Shaw Brother's legend.

He's a legend and yet you can't even spell his name right?

He's a legend and yet you can't even spell his name right?

I sure hope that is a typo. Anyway..back to the subject. IMO, Derek's best work is in "Heroes Shed no Tears" when he played the role of a villain.

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

I admit it I did spell his name wrong sorry> DAH

Derek Lee okay!

GD Y-Y

Archived