The Big Boss - Original English Dub....

fabhui

Son Of A Gun

That would make more sense, Mark, thats the same opening as on the Rank VHS. But the reason I thought the other opening was the original export is because that one was made back in 1972 I believe.

They didn't release the other version with the newer dub in Europe untill late '73, early '74 did they?

I was just going by a time line.

So the Danish VHS opening is probably the original USA region opening? But then again, it would have been titled "Fists of Fury" wouldn't it?

• Like 1

Guest Markgway

The red on black logo on the Danish print belongs to a much later reissue (unless they tagged it on?)

Also the font on some of the credits (see 1:06 on link) is incorrect (correct on the Rank print).

Son Of A Gun

You know we were discussing the original 'export' opening right? Not the original, original.

So it shouldn't have

and possibly all words written in mandarin, too.

My custom dvd is gonna have the corn fields opening. :wink: I wanted that on it from day one. Gives a warm fuzzy feeling in my tummy.

• Like 1

tangshandaxiong
You know we were discussing the original 'export' opening right? Not the original, original.

So it shouldn't have

My custom dvd is gonna have the corn fields opening. :wink: I wanted that on it from day one. Gives a warm fuzzy feeling in my tummy.

Oh I see, nothing said :crossedlips::tongue:

Yeah I think the cornfield one is awesome and gives the opening a more "early" feeling. Bruce`s logo of his production Co. "Concord" imho is epic, too.

But back on topic :wink:

• Like 1

Today, a friend of mine found the old trailer from THE BIG BOSS - the one that contains the original, rejected English dub - on an old Danish trailer tape from the mid 1980s. I'm fully aware there's another version of this already on YouTube but just the mere fact that he found another release of this is awesome PLUS the picture quality of this one is better imo.

I have no idea why he chose to use the old US title but this is THE BIG BOSS:

http://youtu.be/cFhxfpwpJ5I

And obviously now I'm wondering if this version was released on VHS in Denmark. o_O

:xd:

That version of the trailer is great! Classic, and very sleazy!

Never heard anything of this missing(?) original dub. It sounds fantastic, far better than the usual crap..

• Like 1

I have it on DVD transferred

Eh, that's cool. I kinda asked cos I wanted to watch it in case it were on YouTube. LOL. But thanks all the same. :nerd:

• Like 1

Son Of A Gun

Tangshan' , this is the same as the Rank VHS version, but with russian subs or whatever language that is.

• Like 1

Nasos has a bad habit of zooming in on his videos :tongue: The opening credits are stretched vertically to fit in a 4x3 frame, but then he took the video and zoomed it a bit. Once again, no idea why his videos turn out that way on YouTube.

• Like 1

did anyone get the dvd of this and is it just a upscaled version from mkv or avi ? i was lucky enough to get a copy via a trade (which i am eternaly grateful sdog2006) which looks upscaled.

• Like 1

Son Of A Gun

The proper dvd was a proper 35mm to Beta tape to dvd transfer. More detail in the image compared to commercial dvd prints, but obviously in far worse condition.

Your dvd should have menus and a full Brandon Lee interview on it. If not, then you probably do have an up scaled .avi

I have added this english dub to my future 'Boss custom dvd. But I think owning the 35mm transfer is worth it as well.

Even if it has got big chunks missing.

• Like 1

thanks for the info son of a gun , i look forward to your version

mine is the upscaled version then.

would love the dvd version just for the snippets of extra footage, anyone know where or how i can get one?.

please pm me if you do.:bigsmile:

sorted now thanks carl

• Like 1

As I mentioned in another topic the original/rejected English dub for The Big Boss has been uploaded to Dailymotion:

(www.shaolinchamber36.com/kungfufandom/index.php?/topic/3589-which-of-bruce-lees-fully-completed-films-was-the-best/&page=9)

• Like 2

Here's another thread that's more suited to the Bruce Lee forum?. I think a lot of content got mixed up, when the two separate big forums were merged together in 2016?. I just noticed these two BL threads, while searching the forums. I was trying to locate @ThunderScore Ark Pictures Poster thread, but came up emtpy handed.

• Like 1

DragonClaws
On 9/18/2019 at 8:40 PM, Silver and Gold Dragon said:

As I mentioned in another topic the original/rejected English dub for The Big Boss has been uploaded to Dailymotion:

Do you think the Original English dub will be included any official future release of the film?.

• Like 1

Omni Dragon

@DragonClaws Regarding that question I don't think I know anymore than you. Maybe one day a company like Eureka or 88 Films would think to include it. I assume the up and coming Criterion release is too far along.

I assume it's a possibility one day but I personally find it hard to imagine it happening any time soon.

• Like 1