The Big Boss - Original English Dub....

fabhui

hutchy1111
The big question is who did he give his word to, and who is it that is blocking this footage from being released to the fans? Linda Lee?????????????

You are so right my friend......the question is who? Personally I don't think it's Linda has it but a lucky collector who got the footage through luck and $.

• Like 1

Jeru the Damaja
You are so right my friend......the question is who? Personally I don't think it's Linda has it but a lucky collector who got the footage through luck and $.

I don't think Linda has it, but she could have a hand in Steve Kerridge or any other collector not releasing it. Why? I don't know. I just can't think of anyone else who would not want a rare version of a movie 40yrs old to be released.

• Like 1

hutchy1111
I don't think Linda has it, but she could have a hand in Steve Kerridge or any other collector not releasing it. Why? I don't know. I just can't think of anyone else who would not want a rare version of a movie 40yrs. old to be released.

Jeru,

You..... me....and others have a sincere passion when it comes to Bruce Lee.

Time will tell mate................................

• Like 1

It's Linda. This is the only reason rare footage of him training, teaching and behind the scenes footage has never seen the light of day. Period.

When you see a definitive boxed set of The Beatles and Otis Redding for example with all rare interviews, footage and unseen concert material surface and packaged on DVD (tons of stuff MUCH older than Bruce Lee) it's pretty obvious why.

• Like 1

Fist Of Boss

If it`s linda really and she so jealous of Bruce stuff she shows very much disrespect to Lee and fans...

• Like 1

It was definitely in the vhs version I had back in the day.. as I remember I used to march to school after lunch munching on a bag of potato chips (the closest thing I could get to prawn crackers back in the day) acting all like Bruce Lee.

I still do this. lol

• Like 1

The Monkeys Claw

Steve Kerridge has the saw scene in his vault along with Legends of the Dragon Volume 3 and neither will ever see the light of day.

• Like 1

thehangman
Steve Kerridge has the saw scene in his vault along with Legends of the Dragon Volume 3 and neither will ever see the light of day.

Been waiting for the 3rd book for ages

• Like 1

Guest Markgway

If that's true... then the question remains WHY would someone want this rare footage blocked? They don't make money if it sits in a collector's vault. I can't think of a single logical reason.

dragonfist
If that's true... then the question remains WHY would someone want this rare footage blocked? They don't make money if it sits in a collector's vault. I can't think of a single logical reason.

Exactly. Its completely illogical. If I don't see any kind of proof behind these claims then I don't believe a word.

• Like 1

The Monkeys Claw

My guess would be that having stuff that nobody else has or at least has access to makes them feel good. It gives them a sense of superiority, like they're better than everyone else. These people are revered by a lot of people in the "scene". However once the limited amount of stuff they have locked away is out there and everyone has it then they become no better than any other Bruce Lee fan. Which is why even the1000's of unseen photos are dished out in dribs and drabs.

Been waiting for the 3rd book for ages

You have a long wait. Apparently it's been canceled by the publishers.

• Like 1

greenbamboo

original english big boss sub was shown at a uk/england bruce lee convention in mid 90s run by toby russell and rick baker. so it does exist!

• Like 1

original english big boss sub was shown at a uk/england bruce lee convention in mid 90s run by toby russell and rick baker. so it does exist!

I know coz i was there! (Nottingham)...and my long suffering Mrs.

Completely f***ed up Grindhouse type print but fascinating nevertheless!

• Like 1

which is the most original dub available on dvd at the moment? the orginal hkl? (im thinkin about the one where the fat guy goes "im tha smart one" in typical comedy gurner style

• Like 1

does anyone know if the Original English Dub version contains the uncut version of the film itself? including the scenes we all like to see? :D

No it dont have, and those scenes DONT EXISTS!

Or maybe they exists long time before, but long time destroyed allready.

The person who told have seen it did a big promotion for he's book he writing about bruce lee.

Also nobody come's with something real video of the delete'd scene.

NEVER only, oh I have it or I found it or I remember seen it.

Think bruce lee until now is the most famous martial artist in the world.

And in my opinion within 100 years will still be the most famous person.

If this is such a legend, WHY nobody released this for huge money.

Imagen if they can sell massacre survivor for 2400£, for what price can you sell Big Boss Uncut?

My opinion is, this movie dont exists anymore uncut.

Its just commercial stuff.

• Like 1

Son Of A Gun
No it dont have, and those scenes DONT EXISTS!

Or maybe they exists long time before, but long time destroyed allready.

The person who told have seen it did a big promotion for he's book he writing about bruce lee.

Also nobody come's with something real video of the delete'd scene.

NEVER only, oh I have it or I found it or I remember seen it.

Think bruce lee until now is the most famous martial artist in the world.

And in my opinion within 100 years will still be the most famous person.

If this is such a legend, WHY nobody released this for huge money.

Imagen if they can sell massacre survivor for 2400£, for what price can you sell Big Boss Uncut?

My opinion is, this movie dont exists anymore uncut.

Its just commercial stuff.

The more people say this the more I am starting to believe it. :( I think you're right.

Life sucks.

Otherwise, why wouldn't the owner or owners of this elusive uncut print have charged Fortune Star or Media Asia a shit load of money for a copy to release on dvd? it would make no sense atall to take the print to the grave with them. No sense whatsoever.

wonder what Fred Weintraub did with his copy? His wife probably sold it at a garage sale back in the 80s not knowing it's value. 'lol

• Like 1

Jeru the Damaja
The more people say this the more I am starting to believe it. :( I think you're right.

Life sucks.

Otherwise, why wouldn't the owner or owners of this elusive uncut print have charged Fortune Star or Media Asia a shit load of money for a copy to release on dvd? it would make no sense atall to take the print to the grave with them. No sense whatsoever.

wonder what Fred Weintraub did with his copy? His wife probably sold it at a garage sale back in the 80s not knowing it's value. 'lol

I think it exists, but someone is blocking these collectors from releasing it i.e. Linda, Shannon. Why???????? Who the hell knows.

Maybe in 2013 on the 40th anniversary of Bruce's death we will get an uncut special edition.:rolleyes:

• Like 1

I think it exists, but someone is blocking these collectors from releasing it i.e. Linda, Shannon. Why???????? Who the hell knows.

Maybe in 2013 on the 40th anniversary of Bruce's death we will get an uncut special edition.:rolleyes:

We allways can hope yeah.

But in my opinion, we never will see it.

Because i dont believe anymore that this exists.

• Like 1

Stumbled upon this yesterday. Not only does it feature the scene recently come to light in discussion with Lee Quin at the factory (describing the foreman), but it also has the audio to confirm this.

Toby's account is gone, but the opening few minutes had been uploaded by someone else.

I have questions about the credit sequences:

Fortune Star

Unremastered (maybe Universe or MegaStar's DVDs?)

Both are different when (Nora) Miao Ku Hsiu's name comes up (obstructing the title card). I wondered if one may have been for the 1971 Mandarin version and the other for the 1983 Cantonese version. Does anyone know for sure?

The US 'Fists Of Fury' opening is based on the export version entitled 'The Big Boss' (link).

There's another English 'The Big Boss' opening, but I don't know when it was made (

).

A third English opening is similar to the above in design, but contains different times for the credits (link).

The latter two credit sequences are kind-of in parallel circumstances as the Chinese ones (linked further up the page).

• Like 1

I can't speak for everyone else, but I know the Big Boss 100% uncut is number one on my Bruce Lee lost footage list. Whether it's horrible or not I just want to see it before I die. The Big Boss is my favorite Bruce movie, and the fans deserve to see a movie 40yrs old in all it's uncut glory. Like Ninja Sinai said when/if it does finally become available it will be to people who could care less about the movie or Bruce Lee. For we will all be in our 90's.

The Game of Death is second on my Bruce Lee want list. If indeed there is outdoor footage with Bruce kicking butt that made it to film. I want to see it. If the full Dan Inosanto fight with Cheh Yuen and the large club exists. I want to see it. They need to rerelease the A Warrior's Journey documentary with all this footage. Make it a two disc special edition with all the outtakes, stills, tv spots, etc. on disc 2. I don't even care about the crappy movie they threw together.

By the way when are Bruce's movies even going to get a proper release in the US. The Hong Kong Legends dvds I understand were terrific. The only movie to get proper treatment in the US of course was Enter the Dragon. I want the Big Boss, Fists of Fury, and Way of the Dragon uncut special editions.

That was a great post. As you said, can only hope we get to see this while the people who are waiting for it are actually still around. "The Big Boss" is a long time favourite and significant for me, one of the earliest memories I have of a great action film when I was much younger. Also "Game of Death", would have been a classic, and a shame if there is more footage that hasn't come to light yet.

It was interesting going through the thread.

• Like 1

Why so many different title sequences and textless ones too?!

Stumbled upon this yesterday. Not only does it feature the scene recently come to light in discussion with Lee Quin at the factory (describing the foreman), but it also has the audio to confirm this.

Toby's account is gone, but the opening few minutes had been uploaded by someone else.

I have questions about the credit sequences:

Fortune Star

Unremastered (maybe Universe or MegaStar's DVDs?)

Both are different when (Nora) Miao Ku Hsiu's name comes up (obstructing the title card). I wondered if one may have been for the 1971 Mandarin version and the other for the 1983 Cantonese version. Does anyone know for sure?

The US 'Fists Of Fury' opening is based on the export version entitled 'The Big Boss' (link).

There's another English 'The Big Boss' opening, but I don't know when it was made (

).

A third English opening is similar to the above in design, but contains different times for the credits (link).

The latter two credit sequences are kind-of in parallel circumstances as the Chinese ones (linked further up the page).

• Like 1