The Big Boss - Original English Dub....

fabhui

I have been scanning through previous threads on here and came across a couple about the Original (Rejected) English dub for Bruce Lee's The Big Boss being available at last.

There is a clip of various scenes with the dub from the movie here on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJ5cN-bxRMY

There is this link to the website where you can obtain information about purchasing it:

http://thebigbossoriginaldub.blogspot.com/

So I sent them an email and this is the reply I received:

Thank you for your response to our offer. sorry for not getting back to you earlier, we have had a rethink of how many

of these dvds to release, keeping it special for the hardcore collectors and fans of the legendary bruce lee.

Thus limiting the amount on offer globally and at the same time maintaining its rarity. The price of this lost treasure is set

at £50 sterling all inclusive of postage and packaging for europe only.

Outside of europe e.g , u.s.a, japan,australia, russia, brazil, please add £10 for courier dispatch, any other method please

consult us. We have had offers between £500-£2,000 in the past few years which we have rejected.We would now like to

share this rare treasure with only a selected few, real genuine fans of bruce lee.

The reason why it is limited because we dont want this collectors piece to be devalued.

Opening date 1st may 2010

Closing date 10th may 2010

All orders will be dispatched on 12th may 2010, you can e-mail to reserve your order.your e- mail is a confirmation of intent

to purchase.Your dvd will be reserved.

On your purchase you will automatically become a member of the exclusive "Bruce Lee Super Collectors Club"

This will enable you to purchase some of the most extremely rare items, like 10 x 8 size colour photos and posters of

bruce lee, also includes film scripts and 90mins of rare home footage shot by bruce himself, training with his students and

co-stars, also bruce giving private lessons with live commentary.Some clips you may have seen on the internet and on some

bruce lee documentaries,this is the full unedited 90 min footage, strictly not for the public.

Also we have uncut/unedited scenes from the game of death that bruce lee shot himself.

We give you full unedited versions of alot more collectors items, at this stage there is too much to mention, but we will keep

you informed.

The person selling this is Brendon Williams....Anyone know who he is??

This has supposedly been transffered from the original 35mm print of the movie. The only person I know that had this on reels was Toby Russell although the last I heard he was trying to sell the reels for £2000.

I don't know if it is just me but it looks pretty similar to what has recently been done with Massacre Survivour which in my opinion is a very good thing.

Is there anybody on here that is going to buy a copy??

• Like 3

why don`t a few of us pitch in togather 10 people £5 each, i waste that much each week on the lottery lol:tongue:

I'd do that. Minimizes the risk from what seems to be an unknown seller.

• Like 1

why don`t a few of us pitch in togather 10 people £5 each, i waste that much each week on the lottery lol:tongue:

Whoever wants to do that, PM me.

• Like 1

So, who is this seller claiming to have this..?..anyone..?

No clue except that he goes by the name of Brendon Williams.in his email! Never heard of him before.

• Like 1

What is wrong with this math?

The price of this lost treasure is set at £50 sterling

We have had offers between £500-£2,000 in the past few years which we have rejected.

Think whoever buys into this should proceed with caution.

What's the old saying about .. "too good to be true?"

The mini-consortium sounds like a safer bet.

• Like 1

£50 for just an original dubbed version.....:sad:...dont touch this if i was you, sounds very suspicious to me.....Lets hope Fortune Star dont find out like they did when George Tan tried to release it....as for the Game outtake footage..pm me, thats all i will say, it will only cost you postage....

Shaw Brothers Official All Region DVDs Here

FAR EAST BLU RAY GUIDE

• Like 1

Anyone notice the quick snippet of extra footage from 0:18 to 0:22? Most versions miss that quick segment of Ah Kun's "signing" of the foreman's goatee and ponytail. Go ahead, check your DVDs if you don't believe me :wink:

• Like 1

Drunken Cat
Anyone notice the quick snippet of extra footage from 0:18 to 0:22? Most versions miss that quick segment of Ah Kun's "signing" of the foreman's goatee and ponytail. Go ahead, check your DVDs if you don't believe me :wink:

I know I don't have to check my DVDs. That is new to me. Makes me curious what else is included with this dub. I'm not talking about huge differences, such as saw in head, etc. Perhaps, the run to the factory that was deleted due to excessive print damage. Other small clips of footage might also be included.

• Like 1

Perhaps, the run to the factory that was deleted due to excessive print damage. Other small clips of footage might also be included.

That's what I thought as well. No full extra scenes, just hidden "snippets". It only makes sense that the "run to the factory" shot would most likely be in there as well.

• Like 1

Drunken Cat
That's what I thought as well. No full extra scenes, just hidden "snippets". It only makes sense that the "run to the factory" shot would most likely be in there as well.

Yeah, I have the "Run to the Factory" scene on an old Goodtimes VHS release. It is nothing too rare, but the footage has been deleted from every single re-mastered release. Here is a pan and scan version of the same two scenes BTW:

Anyone know what version this is from? I only have the "Run To The Factory" scene. Like I said, this is new to me.

I would actually like to see this missing footage restored and the "Hsiao Mi fingerstab with 180 degree death glare" put back together. We at least know this footage still exists and in decent condition, so it would be possible.

I really doubt any of the cuts of violence, due to the Hong Kong crackdown would be in this dub. I am kind of hoping that there is more unseen footage, even if it is only snips here and there.

Maybe "The fight re-enactment" and "Chiao Mei bringing Tea to Cheng and Uncle" still exist in this version. :wink:

• Like 2

Drunken Cat
I'm going to do some homework on this one & see if I can track down the source of the print.

I don't know if this will help or not. The uploader of the pan and scan footage I found is Turkish. So this might be from the "infamous" Turkish release.

• Like 1

I don't know if this will help or not. The uploader of the pan and scan footage I found is Turkish. So this might be from the "infamous" Turkish release.

I think the source might be a 35mm print supplied by another collector. I will try to find out.

• Like 1

Drunken Cat
I think the source might be a 35mm print supplied by another collector. I will try to find out.

OK, Goodluck Haz. Hope you find something out concerning this print.

Apparently the Turkish version uses the mandarin soundtrack, so maybe the print is similar to the old english dub version?

I'll see what else I can findout.

• Like 1

Actually, the run to the factory shot, albeit missing the opening second or two, showed up in the 20th Century Fox "Master Collection" DVD box set. The shot of Ah Kun describing the foreman, however, was missing.

• Like 1

Drunken Cat
Actually, the run to the factory shot, albeit missing the opening second or two, showed up in the 20th Century Fox "Master Collection" DVD box set. The shot of Ah Kun describing the foreman, however, was missing.

Yeah, I just looked at my "Master Collection" DVD. At most it has 2 - 3 secs missing. Like I said, the print damage is very evident. This is definitely the reason the run to the factory tracking shot was partially removed.

I'm certain that the Fortune Star remasters delete this altogether. Maybe the old english dub has this scene in better condition.

As far as the scene with Ah Kun describing the foreman. This extended scene only seems to be included in the original Turkish and English dubbed versions. It makes sense, since both seem to use the original Mandarin score.

• Like 1

Yeah, I just looked at my "Master Collection" DVD. At most it has 2 - 3 secs missing. Like I said, the print damage is very evident. This is definely the reason the run to the factory tracking shot was partially removed.

I'm certain that the Fortune Star remasters delete this altogether. Maybe the old english dub has this scene in better condition.

Yeah, all remastered versions delete this shot. It seems like a "lost cause" in regards to restoration, which is probably why it's always cut. My guess is that it was the beginning of a new reel, and the master got damaged.

• Like 1

This isn't an April Fool:xd:!

We all saw

accurately restore the finale using a variety of sources. I then stumbled upon
today (René Chateau are a French distributor - they put out a SECAM VHS of 'Beach Of The War Gods'). It appears to be the uncut finale from a genuine version! Although it's greyscale (probably didn't have the right equipment during the digitising), it allows us to speculate. I'm sure we would have heard about it, but could this be the French export version (or the French version adapted the US version, but included it uncut, when they wouldn't to avoid a higher certification)?

I encountered another special http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVZVFT-LF1M. Rather weird. Note the US version reverb the sound effects (probably to make them seem less violent?), but it isn't here. It's starts in a fashion that's like the US, by deleting Han's reaction (shutting his eyes) and the US score, but when the unique footage occurs (deleting a second at the start), it begrudgingly kicks into the original Golden Harvest score (with jumps).

Regarding the running scene, I don't think the Cantonese version included it?

• Like 1

For the longest time I figured the French version would be "unique" since over ten years ago I saw the French theatrical trailer, which contained the Mandarin music track. Actually, here it is:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkPEHIwLfrg&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkPEHIwLfrg&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Interesting thing to note is that the trailer kicks off with a non-choir version of the end theme to Way of the Dragon... but then the rest of the music is the Mandarin version of The Big Boss.

• Like 1