ENTER THE DRAGON "The Classic Collection" 2004 DVD Gift Set

ThunderScore

ThunderScore

Need some help here. Just got this and while it's kinda cool, I am bothered by the fact that even all the info I've been able to find says that this is a 2 disc set, the custom box has THREE freaking hubs! Does anyone here know what the heck the story is? Included in this set are repros of the lobby card set, 6 stills, the U.K. pressbook and a "senitype", a 35mm frame from the film with a repro of said frame. Any info would be greatly appreciated...

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
KUNG FU BOB

Hey Bro, I got the VHS set of this back in the day. It had everything that you mentioned, and... the movie soundtrack. Sounds like yours is missing that. It could also be that the DVD set is different than the VHS set. But I would guess that they were the same.

If you can't return that or sort it out, I'd be glad to help you out with the soundtrack. LMK. :wink:

ThunderScore
Hey Bro, I got the VHS set of this back in the day. It had everything that you mentioned, and... the movie soundtrack. Sounds like yours is missing that. It could also be that the DVD set is different than the VHS set. But I would guess that they were the same.

If you can't return that or sort it out, I'd be glad to help you out with the soundtrack. LMK. :wink:

Thanks Bob - I actually have the soundtrack from that VHS set as well as an older version of it - If I'm not mistaken, there was another version of this set that also had the soundtrack (in a jewel case) and a 52 page book, but no B&W stills or pressbook repros. Had I known all of this, I probably would've passed...

Killer Meteor

The 1998 UK VHS box set of ETD had the soundtrack album.

Its rather annoying that despite constant reissues, the only edition of the album avaliable on its own is the 25min one.

BlurayStation3
Need some help here. Just got this and while it's kinda cool, I am bothered by the fact that even all the info I've been able to find says that this is a 2 disc set, the custom box has THREE freaking hubs! Does anyone here know what the heck the story is? Included in this set are repros of the lobby card set, 6 stills, the U.K. pressbook and a "senitype", a 35mm frame from the film with a repro of said frame. Any info would be greatly appreciated...

Do you have the UK or US boxset? I recently got a sealed US boxset and can check it.

ThunderScore

The discs are R1 - they look exactly like the two disc set that came out a few years ago in the red box...

BlurayStation3

I just opened mine and it has everything you listed (2 discs, photographs, lobby cards, repro frame, booklet). There is nothing on that third hub. If you notice, the third nub is not fully circular so a disc couldn't pop in anyway.

Pretty cool boxset, but why didn't they put magnets or something to keep the door closed? It just flaps around, and if you turn it upside down all the contents would fall out.

ThunderScore
I just opened mine and it has everything you listed (2 discs, photographs, lobby cards, repro frame, booklet). There is nothing on that third hub. If you notice, the third nub is not fully circular so a disc couldn't pop in anyway.

Pretty cool boxset, but why didn't they put magnets or something to keep the door closed? It just flaps around, and if you turn it upside down all the contents would fall out.

Thanks for checking! The third hub not being fully circular is not unusual - one disc partially covers the other. I'm pretty sure what I have is complete - perhaps the manufacturer used the same box for its' other releases, which may have 2 or three discs...

Archived